Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heres some bugs Fred! :D Good talking to you yesterday

Royal

n/t

n/t

Macro mode in Automatic. Nothing fancy and the bugs were eating me alive!! Got lucky

Looks like Fred and I have a lot of work cut out for us.

Great shots Royal

All the best

M

I am amazed at the fine detail in those pictures. How did you get the live bee to stand still while you took it's picture? How close did you actually get to the bee? Royal, these are great pictures!

The third photo, the spider, gives me some ideas. Some of the large spiders that live down here may make a good macro photo. I may try a macro spider, of course it will have to be a outdoor photo...Debbie said no more bugs in the house.

Good talking with you too! I think that I will try a few of the tips that you gave me on taking macro photos. After I learn to take a decent bug picture, I want to learn how to change heads on bodies...do some of that trick photography that you and Wayne have done. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I called Fred and we talked for a while. That subject came up and I think the problem is that you are in automatic and Macro mode but you are shooting from too close.

Try setting your camera in Macro and Automatic and hold the camera maybe three or four inches from the target. Let the auto focus do the focusing and just click away. Your camera will get all the information and then go into Photoshop or what ever photo program you use and crop it.

One thing you HAVE to do is take the picture as large, pixle wise as your camera will let you. I have a 5 meg camera and I can print them a yard wide or almost. It cost memory but you will be able to get great pictures. If you cut them down to save memory you will lose definition.

Think Big!!

traced to not knowing how to use the camera...lots of buttons and switches with instructions that are confusing to us. I am going to try to back off a short distance and rely a little more on cropping the photo and see what happens. I am concerned that by cropping and then enlarging the photo that the resulting photo may have lots of grain in it...would this be possible? While somewhat frustrated with the results of macro bug photography to date, I am getting excited again.

Say, Butch sent me an e-mail and said to put the bug in an empty milk container with the top cut off, the plastic frosted type container, then rest your camera on the rim of the milk container. This should reduce camera movement at slow shutter speed. The only problem that I see with this is that there would be no natural background plants. Something to think about, right?

I just need to get off in a corner some where by myself with no distractions and try to read the instruction manual again. Hopefully, now that Mike has the same camera as I do, we will be able to compare notes and solve this nightmare.

I am at present gathering up supplies to make a run at this macro bug photography thing again: bug spray, fly swatter, mason jar, gallon of gasoline, large flat stick, masking tape, garden hose and the camera. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)