Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

heres a very simple question for the nox users out there..

Mark ( ohio )

did this detector turn out to be everything you'd hoped it would be ?? A lot of finds are coming out of the ground where explorers and etracs and 3030's have already gone over ( which to me is pretty hard to believe )… Anything that disappointed you about the performance ?

What do you think.. HH Mark ( ohio )

Looks like there are a lot of used ones being sold recently.

Nothing about the nox i can fault apart from the shafts which should without any doubt have been telescopic shafts. The Nox is Very fast and very deep what more could any one want.. The target ID on the deep coins

is superb. Great sensitivity to gold. Great on silver. Rate the machine a 10 out of 10 for me . Rate the shafts 5 out of 10 for lack of thought minelab put into the shaft "adjustability"...

No problems here I did build a new shaft and replaced my arm cuff but no lack of great finds for me I way over 100 silvers this year been keeping track
5 silver half’s and two 2 reales 4 gold rings heck got 2 silvers today a barber and a Washington it’s my only detector.
Mark

I changed my 800 to an "S" rod configuration. I think it balances better and it eliminates the torque/Twist at the end of each swing. Also changed the arm cuff to a Fisher F2,4,5,F19 arm cuff. Other than that, I think it's the best all around detector I've used in 45 years of detecting.

The only complaint I’ve hear was the chatter. But that’s ok. Think of it this way. People are finding more stuff on detected out spots. And I’m guessing that is because of the NOX is more sensitive and that is why that is happening.
As far of too much chatter in some locations try going to single frequency for that area like (10khz) and maybe increase the iron bias and lower the sensitivity.
But remember not everyone is getting the chatter all the time so when that happens look around,, cellphones , power lines , places that have Wi-Fi or other things could produce interference and also different groups conditions.
Just don’t get discouraged.

Doug

Coming from the etrac & CTX, it is a dream to swing especially with my new Steve’s Detector Rod! I can now swing at least twice as long as opposed to my etrac & CTX. Although, I am happy with the 600, I would probably buy the 800 only for the ability to adjust the tones in all 5 zones!

I'm happy with the technology but not the quality of the build.
I have two 800s and have replaced both shafts and several people have had the control box leak.
Some people haven't had any trouble.
I tested mine against my 3030 and then sold the CTX. My Equinox was just as deep.
I do dig more nails with the equinox but I'm going to start using the F2 at about 6 and see if that helps. At 6 I get the same deep as I do with FE 0.

I was a loyal Whites user for the better part of 15 years.I had the IDX PRO, MXT and the DFX. I took a chance and purchased the 800 last year, boy was I surprised and happy with the change. I love the weight of the machine, it did take a little while to learn its nuances, but once I dialed it in for my area, it was on fire and continues to produce. I found 103 silver coins last year and 40 pieces of mix silver and gold jewelry. This year i'm up to 71 silver coins and around 25 pieces of mix jewelry, best being a old 1800's gold ring with two miners cut diamonds and a blue sapphire (appraised value of $3,500.00)

I wish Minelab would add a clock in the next update! Other than that it's been a great machine for me! The DFX has been collecting dust, don't know if I even want to fire it up again!

Jim

I think the Equinox really has its place and is a very good detector, especially in the salt water beaches, the update on the 600 especially the low light feature is a real plus. The only thing i see right now that would be a real winner would be a 5x9 Elliptical coil, this would really complete the coil set up for the Nox, this coil has been used on most of the other Minelab detectors and is very useful.

Hope your listing Minelab

Thanks

Love the equinox. Only complaint I have is the lack of dual numbers (ferrous and non ferrous). Also miss the cross hairs second screen as seen on fbs and bbs. If the nox was set up like that then hands down would be the best machine on the market.

Mark, I had a feeling it would be good because of the new technology under the hood.

Yes, I am certainly happy it turned out to be true.
I sold off three of my old detectors, two more to go.

Tony NJ

zombiemax said:
I was a loyal Whites user for the better part of 15 years.I had the IDX PRO, MXT and the DFX. I took a chance and purchased the 800 last year, boy was I surprised and happy with the change. I love the weight of the machine, it did take a little while to learn its nuances, but once I dialed it in for my area, it was on fire and continues to produce. I found 103 silver coins last year and 40 pieces of mix silver and gold jewelry. This year i'm up to 71 silver coins and around 25 pieces of mix jewelry, best being a old 1800's gold ring with two miners cut diamonds and a blue sapphire (appraised value of $3,500.00)

I wish Minelab would add a clock in the next update! Other than that it's been a great machine for me! The DFX has been collecting dust, don't know if I even want to fire it up again!

Jim

Impressive results! Nicely done.

I am with you on the clock! Would be great to have running time (total) on units (in general).

Re the OP - I haven't hunted a whole lot, but the weight/balance alone, compared to the E-Trac/CTX is honestly enough. Couple that with the tones and depth/separation, UNBELIEVABLE machine for the price.
My only real wish is the have that 2D SCREEN back! I know that would take a different platform, but I'm sure Minelab can do it on the CTX IQ replacement they have been working on. :clsoedeyes:

All I have to say is I wish i bought a mind lab a lot sooner.