Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heres a good one

Edgewood

I saw this on craigslist this morning. Some lady tossed her wedding ring and needs help in port townsend. Its to far for me to drive. I'm looking to buy a Pin pointer. Thinking of a whites Bullseye II. Are they any good? or does anyone have any suggestions? Heres that link to craigslist http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/wan/599353545.html

THE BULLSEYE II IS GREAT AS LONG AS YOU DONT LOSE IT THE SECOND DAY OF USE LIKE I DID:thumbdown::veryangry:

i vote for sunray inline probe myself:thumbup::thumbup:

I have had real good luck with my Bullseye, but I am with Minelab Locust, that SunRay is the ticket. The only problems I had with the Bullseye is I had to noise cancel my SE with the button pushed on my bullseye(which wasnt really a problem actually) and the on/off button went out on my first one and I think is crapping out on this one. White's will replace the unit with a new one but unless you have a spare, you will be out a pinpointer until you get the replacement. I will always have the Bullseye around to use as a spare and to use if I want to hunt with my Xterra. I think that they are a good product.

I agree that the Sunray is the best. If you can't get that, go for a Tiny-tec. The White's I had didn't have the depth of either of those and the switch went out after a few months.

Thanks for the info on Craigs List as I have never read it but heard of it. I've located rings for other people in Port Townsend and living only 30 miles from there in Sequim I sent her a msg. offering my service and also instruction on one of my spare detectors. Haven't heard anything back but who knows what goes on in strange places. As for a Bullseye mini probe I agree with most of the answers given. I use a Sunray as the main, it is unbelievable and also use the newer Bullseye set on vibrate as my hearing is not that good. The original ones had a big problem with the switch going bad and the rubber boot breaking off and dirt getting to the switch. They changed mine over to a on off switch but it kept getting turned on in my bag by movement and the battery would be dead when I went to use it. There is no depth to these small probes as they are for strictly locating in the hole or spoil pile only. The Sunray has the depth over anything out on the market other than a real metal detector, not cheap but well worth the price. Hope this helps somewhat.

That was nice of you to offer The ring thrower your help JB. I wanted to Thank everyone (Rogertn,Minelab Locust, Old sox,Ronc,CAgem and Tab-nabit) for your response to the pin pointer. Looks like I will save a little longer and get the sun ray pin pointer. Thanks again guys.:clapping:

I had the Bullseye one which kind of sucked and bought the 2 thinking it would be better, cost 119 bucks I believe and really wasn't any more impressive. For 70 bucks more, you can get a Sun Ray in line probe that Id's through your detector. I have another 3 different pin pointers that came with other detector purchases, if you want a cheap pin pointer I'll sell you one and all cheap as I'll never use them ever. But as I said, take a look at the Sun Ray in line probe as anyone will tell you, they are the most useful tool you can get.

After the twenty mile drive back, I spent more time metal detecting in the dark for my pin pointer than I did hunting coins that day.:detecting:

Digitrich, You have peaked my interest on your pin pointers you would sell. I will eventually like to get the sun-ray but the wife still isn't quite over me spending the money for the Explorer SE. If you could PM me on the brands you have and the price you would like to get for them I would really appreciate it.

Treasure Mate made by Tesoro is a good one, comes with a holster, you put it back in it's holster when done.. the next would be the pocket uniprobe, however I read the speaker is not to hot.

The inlines are OK for some but the switching back and forth, plus the extra cables are not for me!!

Good Hunting!!

GaryL .... :minelab:SE:detecting:

I saw that listing on Craigslist before I saw this post. I offered to come over from Seattle to hunt for it, and about two days later i received a reply that sounded almost accusatory wanting to know "what I would charge her to look for it". I told her I would never charge to find a lost item for somebody, but that if I found it she could perhaps pay one way of my Ferry Fee from Edmonds as it's about $15 each way. I never heard back from her...............It was kinda strange.

My 25 cents worth.
I have had 6 white bullseyes. two at a time and they are wonderful little pinpointers and the company will replace them like magic when they go but that is the problem they GO! I have had to buy new ones on vacation and finding one not only affording it is a chore especially when you are not counting on the 119.00.
Sun Ray is wonderful I have had 3 on different machines and they work great if you dont mind being tied to the machine which most like myself dont mind actually appreciate the security and they will brake to if you are clumsey as me so be careful but they are unbeatable.
Now if you dont want to be tied to the machine the vibra probe new model is great and tough altho Im like the guy lookin for his pinpointer also if it falls out of the holster when you bend down and you don t notice you could lose a nice bill and a half quick.
Id vote with the rest for the sun ray and ralphs service myself and if you are short on the wife deal hit the internet for a good used one they are built to last.
Like the old saying goes you get what you pay for and if you buy good quality stuff you only have to cry once.::))
Good luck
Grumpy

Darn good words Grumpy, I Take your advice respectfully. Thanks for taking the time to reply. A sun-ray it will be but I also want a handheld device as well. Ihave been in the hole and it is quite difficult to use the explorer to pinpoint when in the hole. I just need to be patient and buy as time allows. Thanks for the advice.

gary, I kind of wondered if I would like the inline , so thats why I want to get a handheld first and try that. I think i will get the sunray in time because I wont know the difference until i try them both. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

[quote dirtfishing]I saw that listing on Craigslist before I saw this post. I offered to come over from Seattle to hunt for it, and about two days later i received a reply that sounded almost accusatory wanting to know "what I would charge her to look for it". I told her I would never charge to find a lost item for somebody, but that if I found it she could perhaps pay one way of my Ferry Fee from Edmonds as it's about $15 each way. I never heard back from her...............It was kinda strange.[/quote]
Dirtfishing, It is qhite odd that her post is still up and running, I hope her intent was a good one when she posted her listing on craigslist. If she really wanted her ring back she would have gladly paid you $30 bucks in travel. Must have been a cubic zirconium and gold plated I guess?

Bullseye 1, Bullseye 2, 1or 2 Precision Max V4's (one of which I would like to keep) so that one's a maybe, The Bounty Hunter pin pointer and another that came with my F75 possibly by Fisher, I would have to check on that??? I'll dig em up and let you know. I also have a Uni Probe waterproof, diving one but I use that with my Excalibur. With all these pin pointers available, I have never used one since the day I got the SR Probe, that's the real deal. The bullseye 1, I used about 2 months, the Bulls eye 2 about 1 month (then I got my SE with The SR probe) and all the others have never left the packaging they came in. Pin pointer sale here, get your pin pointers:rofl: Never realized just how many I had, all the manufacturers kept throwing them in with detector purchases last year and I bought 6 detectors last year. I'll pull them out tomorrow and PM you.