Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is what my son races in Motocross, and HareScrambles.

George-CT

It does a good job of both. Its a 250cc 4 stroke. Hi reving, torque all over and a nice handling bike right out of the box. We have had good luck with Yamaha's over the years. This one is 3 weeks old. It was sitting by the porch this morning as he moved all his stuff out front before he left for work. We are racing tonight at the club so he just needs to load it in the truck. This weights in at 228 lbs. You can fling them around pretty easy. A far cry from my old Triumph 500 that weighed 350 lbs. All this new stuff is pretty light, even the the 450's are in the same frame and weight in about 245. Lots ot titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber etc. They are a hand full..... Tons of travel in suspension so stuff that used to be a big deal when I was doing it is not nothing. These things absorb bumps, rocks and jumps like they are not there. I'll see if I can get a few shots tonight racing...... Geo

n/t

long way with better sticking tires for sure. Some of the stuff they get up would blow your mind. I did it way back on a Bultaco Sherpa T
trails bike. We had a nice trails course set up on a big rock ledge outcropping. Plenty of traction until you went thru the island hopping section of the wet land then it got tricky.... The rocks I see them go up now, and the bunny hop they do adds a whole new dimension to it. We have trouble at out club keeping them off the picnic tables and bleaches and any rock in the place.....

Geo

[attachment 88283 swampbike.jpg]

n/t

n/t