Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is something a little different.

George-CT

A long time friend came up today that I grew up with. He sold his 650 scooter and bought one of these. I had seen a few of them on the road but never saw one up close. He bought this last week and has over 1000 miles on it already. Its made in Canada. The company is a subsidiary of Bombardier. The engine in it is a 990 cc Rotax. Very good engine in snowmobiles and I have not doubt in this unit. Its rear wheel drive, with full suspension front and rear all controled by computers. They are pretty snappy. More like riding a snowmobile or a quad then a bike. In this as you round a corner it will push you to the outside just like in a car, where as a bike you lean to the inside. Seems very stable and the computer controls do a lot. Its called a Spyder. Goodle that and it will tell you it all works. He likes all of it so far except that the fuel mileage is not what he had hoped. The best so far is 38 mpg. He runs it pretty hard so that may account for the lower than expected fuel mpg. You can get these in manual transmission like a normal bike or you can get it in automatic. They are only releasing them in specific area right now. I grabbed a few shots of it thought you guys might find it interesting. He said he had it 115 mph and it had plenty left.

The rest of the day was spent putting hay in the barns around the area. Sure glad this day has come to and end. 94 degrees and humid.

Sorry about all the bike stuff the last week, but thats all I've had time for. Next week is show and tell on things old and new around North Windham. I've been working on one that Thomas Jefferson wired himself way back when. Fact it was one of the first thread Mills to have electric lights.

George-CT

I would think that it would be more stable that having the two wheels oin the back. They look kinda funny but the fellow I talked to about it swore up and down it was smooth and stable like you would not believe.

Calm seas

Mikie

When first introduced, they were on the TV news channels and etc. I have not seen too many on the streets yet, but the ones that I have seen have been that yollow color. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

put a hydrogen boost thing he has made for fuel economy. He made it himself out of some wires, a jar with a plastic lid, and some other stuff. Thing is, Scott bought something like this and it was $250.00. Jordan did his himself, and says it is helping tremendously on his gas mileage on the Tahoe I gave him for graduation. Amazes me. I think he has good things in store for him. None of us can figure out where this high intelligence comes from. :)

My son also has added a unit on his car he built, with water and alcohol. He added in some small size 80 piolet jet into it all just behind the Map sensor and he is saying its much better on fuel also. I have not ridden in it yet so not idea. He drives 50 miles one way to work so he is always working on ways to improve fuel mpg. He tried one thing on hydrogen but it was not doing what he wanted. Like your grandson, my son is a tinker with good ideas. Who knows. 93 octane here is close to $5.00 so I've been running the bike most of the time and have hardly used the vette this year. To many toys, not enough time.....

How is that operation treating you? Hope it has done what you wanted.

Geo-CT