Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is our group of road riders going out tonight

George-CT

from the dirt bike club. I'm the 6 bike from the right. Only 25 of us tonight. We made another ice cream run out to We Like IT. A cow farm dairy that makes their own. Starting to call for a jacket come dusk. Temps drop fast coupled up with 55 mph breeze on your body.
My bike is the red one with the white walls and spoke rims. One of the guys just sent them up.

George-Ct

got some good days left though. You need to get a hobby to keep you busy! Can't just set your life away doing nothing:rofl:

n/t

the season is pretty much over now. Give us another week or two, and there will be snow on the passes.... not much fun for cycling.

fair winds

Mikie

They show some great rides, offer a lot of info below the maps on the ride etc. We ride them at our club with a GPS in the tracking mode. Then come back and just upload them to the computer and wala, instant road map to hand out to people who come in the summer time who don't know the roads, or can't keep up. At least they can find their way back to the club house. We usually have a chicken dinner or something like that after our Poker Runs for benefit rides.

Anything that keeps one ahead of the undertaker is fine with me. This is still prime time for riding here in CT except for all the acorns on the back roads. You come bailing into a sweeping corner and hit a batch of them and one can end up with the rubber side looking up, not good, hence, crash bars on my rig.

Anyhow, check out these links and see if any of the rides on the left hand side are near you guys.

http://www.openroadjourney.com/

http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/

I see a few in Texas that might not be to far from Kelly.

George-CT

All done with members on the weekends or when ever anyone had free time. Pretty nice club. All non profit and we give most of the money to the Fire Department, Police, EMT and Ambulance service, they get a lot of practice at our track on race days. We support the local hospitals, schools, little leagues, Womens club, you name it. Mostly we teach the right way to ride dirt bikes and road bikes and try to keep the kids off the streets. Fun place to hang out and its very family orientated. The kids can't become a member until they are 18, but their parents can. The parents become the ones doing most of the work and when the kids join at age 18, then they get on the point system. Each member needs to earn 150 points a year, at 3 points per hour. If you don't get them, you are axed at end of the year unless you have one good excuse. Its all volunteer by members. Racing you have to be 13 to race in CT. Even so we have a lot of the neighbors trying to close us up, because they don't like the bike noise. yet, they are all new neighbors. Why did they move there.... We hold the bikes to 96 Decibels and really only 12 big races a year. No one rides once the ground freezes except for a few quads and snowmobiles.... We put up big wood walls in areas and planted pines years ago to keep it down also.
Hey, can't please them all. Fact we even bough up 7 of the houses real close to us and a big trailer park which we rent out. Most of those are rented to dirt bike people... We hold a lot of benefit ride on the roads for different people who need help. all moneys goes to charity. We hold BMX rides for the kids on pedal bikes once a year also. They like that because we set it up on the track... Anything to keep the kids busy. Club has been their since 1967.

Geo-CT

that way everyone has to pitch in.i'd bet there are those that put in more than that.upstairs looks like it could be used as a banquet hall.

There are some good Farm to Market roads just a few miles north of me and some of them lead you up into the Hill Country. Later tonight, I will take a good look at the information on those links that you posted. Ride safe and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)