Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is great news...My Daughter Wendy, and her three little boys

Ron J

won the Pie Baking contest at Topsfield Fair. Out of 30 entry's, she got First Prize! Topsfield Fair totes as being America's oldest running fair. Located in Topsfield Mass. Surfcutter usually enters his Pumpkins there. Wonder how he is? Wendy called me last night, she told me how her and the boys, got into the Fair for free, because of bringing in the Pie. That's saved her about $50 bucks! She was going to drop off the pie and leave, but ended up enjoying the Fair. They were going by the Pie judging, when they were being sampled. She mentioned how a few women were all dolled up, and yakking to each other about there pie entry's. All i can picture is Mrs. Cleaver! (you know Wally and Beaver's Mom!):D Well, the judges were behind glass so you could see them enjoying there job! But you couldn't hear what they were saying. Finally they came out, and called over the microphone " The Third place winner is....Wendy so & so!" Not my Wendy, another winner with the same first name! Then they called "the Second Place winner is ....." She figured she didn't have a chance... Then they called "The First Place Winner Is Wendy C.!!!" Her little boys, Nick ,James, and Max went nuts! Jumping up & down! Wendy told me she thinks they jumped higher than her head ,they were mighty proud...It was one of the boys idea for the ingredients..... Cherry pie with White Chocolate! Hmmmmm.... The recipe now belongs to Pillsbury, and Wendy has $200 for First Prize! She will be entered in a National Contest, and can win a Grand! She was totally caught off guard, They took a photo shoot for the papers etc. I am one proud Dad!! Go Wendy!!:thumbup::thumbup: Personally i have enjoyed her thoughtful meals many times...She is good! rj

Have you heard anything about Dave?

And the money doesn't hurt either. So, um, send me her recipe.. I will get Alice to make it and then give my professional pie tasting opinion!! :rofl:

well done

Calm seas

Mikie

It really is quite the honor and it has to feel good to have your baking talents recognized. Pretty cool stuff to say the least......good for her and the boys. Workin' lots of twelve hour shifts the last two weeks......starting to look like the dust is settling around here on the daughter / boyfriend front. Have a few days off this weekend and hope to do some catching up here......after some detecting. :biggrin: