Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is a video on a horse my wife and her

George-CT

girlfriend have been working with. The horses name is Mac. They got him because the people who owned him were going to put him down. They had a trainer who said he was to dangerous that he should be put down. He was biting, kicking out etc. My wife and Carol found out about him so went and got him. They introduced him to Natural Horsemanship. They explain it this way....

"In the last eight years, I have been on a journey called Natural Horsemanship, learning what is natural to the horse so I can better understand how they learn and how to motivate them... naturally. As I traveled this exciting trail, I've accelerated my learning with many great teachers. The human teachers put me on the path and the equine teachers guide and test me. I believe there is no right or wrong way of teaching, however, there is a way that is more understandable to the horse. Making learning easy and interesting to the horse... makes it safer and more fun for the human. There are no rules in natural horsemanship ... just concepts when understood by the human ...... make communicating with the horse easy for both. You will notice that I don't use the term "training" as I believe a trainer, trains the body.... while a teacher ... teaches the mind. Its called communication. My most enthusiastic equine teacher is Mac. He will test me daily to make sure I continue to pay attention and improve."

So here is Mac about 6 months later. All this is without touching him. Mac will do anything for them now. I will get some newer videos of him, as he has come a long way. Outside they really go nuts with him. Soon as the ice is gone I'll be able to show you. Hope some of you horse people enjoy this. Handling him in this video is Carol, my wifes best friend.

George-CT

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=26531&CID=136046

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

He is good on the ground but still can get excited from time to time. Carol gets the best results out of him having spent the most time with him.

Geo

n/t

as Jane and Carol did, Scott and I took a throughbred race horse from one of our doctors, who only rode him fox hunting for a little while. He was going to have him put down because he kicks, and wants to run everywhere, and will not mind! I do not ride, nor does Scott, but Nike's Dream is a beautiful horse! Scott actually took him six months before he got up enough courage to tell me. Then he brought him home from where he was being boarded. Scott built him a nice fence, and all we do is brush him, feed him and just love him. He is quite spirited, and does not like to be messed with when he is eating. Scott would love to ride him, but he has not been ridden for over a year now. When he takes off down the pasture in full gallop, you can tell he is happy! He will try and kick to the side if he is eating, but yet he will take a peppermint off of my shoulder, or apple pieces out of the grandchildren's hands. ( I showed them how to hold it flat in their hands). Of course we never let the children inside the gate with him, and we are careful while being around him ourselves. He really has gentle eyes, and seems to be enjoying his life now. I wish I could afford it, as I would bring him to Jane and let her and Carol work with him. I know there must be other people closer, but I am content feeding and caring for him, just for the pleasure of being able to look at him.

This video was just awesome! Tell Jane and Carol they are both very gifted. I wish you could send this on a disk to Mikie and Alice. Alice is another person that just has a way with horses, and she would really enjoy it. Maybe I can drop it to CD for her.

Thanks for sharing this. It was most interesting,.......................................and lucky Mac. He is a magnificient beautiful horse, and he knows he is loved! You can just tell! :thumbup:

[attachment 79556 Nike-1.jpg] This was taken over the holidays. Scott and myself with Nike.

[attachment 79557 Nike-2.jpg] He loves the attention he gets, not to mention the sweet grain! We are building a small cover for him to enjoy on farther down in our yard. We hope to have a barn finished by spring.