Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is a post,I saw recently....

ojm bc

.....if you look closely,the young boys have a big magnet on the bike.What they do is drag the large magnet,back and forth around the beach.Apparently they do pretty good in finds.Wish I was smart as them.
See you Orlando bc

Your posted message sure hit home! A few days ago, I was going through a box of old things that belonged to my Father. One item that caught my eye was a strong magnet with a loop for attaching a rope to it. I have no idea where my Father got this magnet, nor do I know if he ever used it or not. At one time, my folks lived down at Portland, Texas which is just across the bay from Corpus Christi. I know that my Father did lots of metal detecting in the Corpus Christi area, but he never mentioned using a magnet to find things in the water. I did not put the magnet back in the box, but brought it into the house and it is presently setting on a shelf in my bookcase across the room from me. I think that I may take it up to one of the lakes around here and see if I can find something around a pier or boat dock.

Do you know if these boys found anything with the magnet? The boy with the glasses remind me of Steve's boy, Joe. Thanks for posting this picture. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

....I looked at the post,it said the two boys were cleaning up the beach of clad coins,bottle caps,etc.The post was in Alberta.Thanks for reading and posting the pictures. See you Orlando bc

Maybe a fishing reel, or even a knife. I think that if I used it along a fishing pier or boat dock, I could possibly find something interesting. I have never tried this before, but I think it will be fun. This magnet is strong. I placed it on a metal tool box and had a hard time getting it back off so that I could bring it into the house. It is actually bigger than the size it appears to be in the photos that I posted. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

get some little steel toed bug boots.Put them
on the bugs and then you could put them on the
magnet and presto, you could get some real nice
bug photos.It might not be feasible to do that
on centipedes though, due to the cost of boots.
If you try this, be sure to post photos.

any electronic equipment, including detectors. they can raise "hello" with the operation of things.
Even units with no power to them, or batteries can become affected.
I had a whites detector that was stored near a color tv once, the magnetic field from the television distorted the meter operation of the whites for over six months. it finally wore off.
An electrician friend of mine said magnets are even worse. have a good one. Jim

make a comment and then leave. How about staying long enough for us to welcome you to the Forum. Mr. Bottomfeeder, Welcome to the Forum! I suspect that you probably have some great stories that you could share with the Forum, wish you would give some thought to posting a few of them. This is a fun forum, please stay a while and enjoy the stories and comments, you will not be disappointed. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

the moderator is a real jerk and just deletes them. Heck he has deleted more of his own than anyone elses.

I know you have a story or two.

Share them and Welcome to the Story Forum :thumbup:

money Royal when you talk about the Moderator deleteing his own post, I do it on other forums all the time :lol: the next day after I read what I wrote and reread it :wacko:

We think alike Royal and man I have to catch myself all the time :wiggle: