Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is a few shots of Crazy Horse carving in South Dakota.

George-CT

We were lucky enough to get here on one of the few days, they will let people go up on it right to the flat area in front of the face. This is one huge carving. The nice model in white is what they hope to have one its all done. Not sure if it will ever get that far but if you look closely in the large shot of it you can see the out line of the horses head. That flat spot you can stand on now will be his arm. The hole you see is more or less the arm pit area. Nice place to go with lots to see right there on the grounds. I have more shots of it around here somewhere on my wife's computer. We were only going to spend a short time in the Black Hills and ended up there for a week.
Lots to see and do around there.

George-CT

n/t

I went into and old gold mine just on the outskirts of Deadwood and another one not far from Mt. Rushmore. Here is a link on the history of some of that area.

Black Hills History

This area is one of my favorite spots out west. Lots to do and see. Most of my wife's time was spent horse back riding on trails. I have a picture here she took of Mt Rushmore from the side where they broke out on a ridge while trail riding. She found some nice black Hills gold horse pendants to wear and wheres them often now while at horse events. Lot of history just in Deadwood.
One of the best detecting lakes I went to was in South Dakota. I thought my machine was broke and chripping. It wasn't broke, just sounding off on that many targets. It was still cold then, mid May and I was glad I had my insulated waders. I hated to leave that lake...
Near as I could tell, Virgin territory. Spent a lot of time wandering in the Badlands also. Fossils, all around there, and I really liked the silence of that area.

George-CT

I went to a garage sale years ago, man it was a mother lode of garage sales, it had everything , must have been a life's accumalation of a retired person.I still to this day am amazed at the stuff I bought there..mostly electrical stuff in my case..the only problem was I was with my bonehead brother in law who couldn't fix anything if his life depends on it, and had to leave early. oj

ps remember when I was asking about a spoke repair on bike, the bike store gave me one free and was simple to install, without taking much apart.

I saw the Crazy Horse monument in '99. Doesn't look like they've done much since I saw it 10 years ago. At that time they had the horse's head & neck painted on the rock so you could see where it would be. There was a circle where the horse's nostril would be & they said all 4 heads at MT Rushmore would fit inside that circle.