Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here are a few shots of old ships down and gear

George-CT

at the Mystic Seaport...... If your into old wooden ships this is a great place to visit..... amazing to see what they could do with block and tackle. Geo-CT

n/t

the Constellation. http://www.civilwaralbum.com/misc2/baltimore_constellation1.htm

What really stuck in my mind is the gun deck. Man those guys had to be short as we had to really stoop to walk down there and the noise had to be terrible.

noise, sure exciting to say the least. On a lot of those old ships, not a lot of room below deck....Hard life for sure. The old days had a lot going for them I liked and wish we had, but then again, today has a lot of things I liked also but many I wish we didn't. In a perfect world they say....... But these are the cards we have to play with, play on....... All and all, no complaints on my end. Most of the bad things were my own screw ups......

Limber those paddle arms up, I want to see the kayak planeing on the river Thursday....LOL..... Wish I was there, that looks like a fun one in unexplored waters by you. I did one on the river that runs by our bike club one spring. tons of stuff down across the river. Made for a lot of portages around stuff, in the Mooseup River, to where it empties into the Quiniebaug River. Both of them you would like with your kayak..... I'll make it a point to get pictures of them next time out on the bike......

Geo-CT

which ones would interest you. I have more and will post them in no particular order.... I have some off the Charles W. Morgan. Big New England whaling ship that is at the Mystic Seaport. Still has the pots where they cooked off the blubber etc.... Geo-CT

was in the rigging loft so I'm not sure. One can only imagine what they used it on but they sure had their work cut out. At first I was thinking pulling a whale up behind the stern on a ramp but the old ships didn't have those, just the modern day stuff. I have a large wooden one here in my fathers stuff but no where near that big..... The rope shop there is real interesting. I'll post some of those also...... Think I have a bunch of figure heads also...... Geo-CT

n/t

n/t

Sure would not want to drag one around the deck all day.... Pretty sure I have more of those on here, I'll rummage thru the drive here. Geo-CT