Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help!

Lori

My Explorer II does not have Learn or Edit. I turned it on and did a Factory Reset. I hit the detect button and got Quick Start and Digital but that was it. I went to menu and hit Display and there are two options Digital and Quick. What am I doing wrong?

When in the smart screen (detecting mode) hit the detect button, after a few pushes it comes up.

I figured it out! I needed to be in Advanced mode!! I got it and have it set up with only the top right corner blacked out, thanks to ErikinNJ!!!

You all rock!!!!!!!

Hi Lori - I hope that was a typo and the top right corner is white (not discriminated) as opposed to black (discrimination).

Regards, Erik

Lori, I am not sure exactly what you are attempting, but I would suggest at first to simply run the Explorer at default discrimination, if you try to close the window too much you will miss out on a lot. Once you feel more comfortable with it, then I would open the discrim up even wider and get rid of the S-curve. Just a few suggestions for you IMHO.

Michelob

I advised her to black out the whole screen and then open a 3/4" x 3/4" area in the upper right corner. The default disc. pattern to most new users is overwhelming. She'll miss a few things with this pattern (nickels, fattys, etc) but the pros far outweigh the cons when first starting out and it makes the machines audio response manageable for someone new to the machine. Once used to what a good signal sounds like, I'd switch over to Iron Mask.

they get used to what the detector is telling them. The factory preset iron mask setting is perfect for beginner users. i still use it on my XS some at certain spots. A beginner should keep things as simple as possible. when they hear a good coin there will be no mistaking it unless it is next to junky stuff.