Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help With Taking Knob Off...

candycane

I want to replace the ground balance knob on my Bandido [ first ] with a larger one. I have taken the set screw out of the knob and tried to removed it. I have applied preasure when pulling and also placed a screw driver under the knob to maybe pop it loose, [ Nothing-Zero-No Go ]. Is there a secret way of removing it or is it stuck on for good....Brandy :)

Not sure what to tell you. Haven't had that problem. Possibly the set screw marked the shaft enough that the knob won't slide over the burr without a lot of pressure. Problem there is you don't want to put enough pressure on the shaft to do damage to the control. Maybe some body will have a better answer. Good luck/
BB

Jerry Ga. said:
Canycane, are you sure there is not two setscrews in that knob? Some Tesoro models did have 2 screws per knob.

Only one set screw. I will keep working at it. BB might be correct about there being a burr.

Had another thought about this problem. You might try carefully putting a small drop of WD-40 or penetrating oil in the set screw hole and letting it work for a while. Don't use enough to leak down the shaft into the pot as that could mess things up big time.
BB

Why not crack that nut? Any machine shop in the area has a nut cracker and there is no reason that the knob can't be cracked like any old rusted on nut..cordially Nad