Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help with jewelry and Ace 250

hopandhisace

OK fellow Ace 250 users, please give me some tips and different settings to find gold and junk jewelry. I know that the silver rings are gonna come through as either quarter or fifty cent tones, but even when I have it on "jewelry" custom mode I'm still reluctant to dig the mid tone sounds. please help, I'm ready to find some rings baby.

I most always hunt in jewelry mode. I got a nice silver ring on cent. It depends on the size of the ring. Most of my gold hits on nickel. It depends on the size and what other metal it is alloyed with. White gold will hit higher then nickel. You can't get around it, you have to dig pull tabs. I am sure I have missed a few rings.

[quote John 'n' W.Va] You can't get around it, you have to dig pull tabs. I am sure I have missed a few rings.[/quote]Lord knows I've dug my share too John. But I've pulled a few gold keepers out with them:thumbup:

Gold hits lower on the scale, depending on composition, down around nickel and foil. If you don't dig some junk you'll miss a gold item or two.

Bill

thanks guys, I will stay in jewelry mode for a while until I get used to all the sounds and what sound goes with what kind of treasure or trash, hey by the way can you remember which tone sounded off on your gold rings or silver rings and also does anyone have any luck with one sided hits, do I dig or not?

Im learning the 250 to right now. The silver rings and jewlry will come up as a dime or quarter hit. I havent found a gold ring but i tested my ring and it hits lower than penny but higher than pop tab. Even with my garrett 1350 i didnt find gold rings or gold jewelry, the gold hit on many detectors even higher end ones is hard to discriminate from junk. My number one tip for the 250 is to set your sensitivity down a notch or 2. The machine is too hot when in standard settings jwelry coin etc. If your getting too many hits or your digging alot of junk, stop and turn your sensitivity down.

Yeah four bars is about par for the course. Most Garretts operate better at lower sensitivity. I run my GTI's at 6 0r 6.5.

Bill

Bill R. can recall a guy that used to post here alot - he was a killer diller with the Ace 250 on jewelry. I cant recollect the guys posting name right now, darnit.

He had devised several strategies for using the little Ace to good effect on jewelry and always had plenny goodies to show for it.
Who was it Bill? Maybe his posts are still in the archives...

I just popped a brain fart also. Can't think of his name to save my soul. But I've got a good excuse - I'm old. :rofl:

Bill

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/techsheets/searchcoil.pdf
The jewelry mode is probably the best to be in. Your sensitivity at the highest just before it becomes unstable. Play with some jewelry in your yard to check the reactions to each piece you play with. The pull tabs are many and if you have the time and energy do the same with them and you will see how many of them little monsters can disguise a ring with the same tones and hits on the meter. On the beach it would probably be best if you run it in the all metal mode if you can. You may get better depth.
Treasures Down Under
:usaflag: