Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with how to hunt an area

NWMOhunter

I have an area I found recently that I'd like to hunt, but I have trouble breaking it down or knowing if there will be anything there. I'm guessing it is an old home site or two. There are a couple of foundations and what look like septic tanks. I have tried to ask around to see what kind of houses were there or if I could find any other info on the area and no one seems to know.

I'm guessing these were old farm houses since the area used to be farm land back in the 60's and before, but these two houses are close together like it was a neighborhood. I'm gonna try to get pics to post up and see if you guys can tell me anything about where to start.

Also, with old homesteads like this, do you guys usually take the time to swing the foundation walls in case a cache was hidden in there?

Send me the coordinates and I will check it out for you.

Just kidding. I would first start on the outer edge of the foundation and work my way out from there. Most of my coins were found OUTSIDE of the foundation.

I have not found a cache yet, so i don't know about it. Check for loose stones in the foundation, and check the dirt floors. Use all metal mode with NO discrimation. One Morgan Hundred Silver Dollars hidden in a tin can would be missed with even the smallest discrimination.

If you are using a Garrett with Non-motion mode I would use that for added depth.

You may want to invest in a 12.5 inch deep seeking coil or a treasure hound to get added depth if you with cache hunting.

Good Luck

My Ace 250 should be on its way soon. I already have the 9x12 coil for it so that won't be a problem. So I should use the all metal mode with no discrimination? I'm sure I'll probably dig a lot of trash, but I'm willing to dig trash in hopes of finding something good!

I prefer Relic Mode on the Ace, but I don't do much cache hunting. Relic mode dicriminates out most small iron.

I do use the all metal in areas where there are few signals, but I dont' have the patience for trashy areas.