Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:help:Who uses a Bigfoot coil with their MXT

Pal Al

and why? What's your success ratio over other coils and under what conditions? I'm thinking about purchasing one and before I buy another coil (own 3 already) some real-world tested experiences would be helpful.
TIA

This will give you an idea of how well the Bigfoot coil works on finding gold, platinum and silver jewelry. Almost all of these items were found with the Bigfoot coil and the MXT in the last couple of years. I have used 5 other coils on the MXT but I always go back to the Bigfoot. Almost all of these finds were made at sports fields and playgrounds in the wood chips. If a treasure hunter searches large open areas like sports fields then I would highly recommend the Bigfoot coil. Mike

Not that it matters too much, but in Santa Clara County, CA.

Location does matter, in the small town I live in I have worked athletic
fields, play areas, volleyball courts, and a swiming beach and have some clad and two small gold rings for a coupke of seasons efforts. Nothin near what you have found. Any tips you would like to share would be welcome.

Mike

I totally agree with Treasure Mike!! If you have any wide open areas to detect, the Big Foot is the way to go. I've found items as deep as 8" with the Big Foot also. When detecting beaches, (which we went on a mini vacation and did some beaches this weekend) that's all Larry and I use. He has the DFX and I the MXT. We've had ours for about 3 years now and wouldn't trade it for any other coil. It's super easy to pinpoint your target with the Big Foot. Much easier and faster than most other coils and weighs much less also. Very easy to swing for a long period of time.

Good luck and I don't think you would regret buying the Big Foot.

I bought a new Bigfoot from Jimmy Sierra about 4 years ago and used it twice. My idea was to use it for open spaces to of course cover a lot of ground. I was happy with its performance and the pinpointing was oh so close. I quit using it because I couldn't figure out how to set the machine down,(MXT) down without having tip over due to the lenght of the Bigfoot. Otherwise, I felt it did what it was supposed to do.

Now I see why you asked where from am I. I however do not have the finds that Treasure Mike has. He just has the best collection of upscale tot lots on the planet. Wish I had rich ethnic neighborhoods like that!