Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP!! WATER AROUND RUBBER GASKET....

Roman44

I OWN THE OLDER TYPE EXCALABUR WITH BLUE HEADPHONES. MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I PLACE THE RUBBER GASKET ON THE CORD AND THE TWIST IT ON FIRMLY TO THE BATTERY, WATER SEEMS TO GET ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RUBBER GASKET. WHEN I DETECT MY EXCAL SEEMS FINE, THEN AFTER A HALF HOUR IT MAKES A LOW TONE THAT COMES AND GOES. THIS SOUND CONTINUES NO MATTER WHAT I ADJUST. I THINK IT MAKES THIS SOUND BECAUCE OF THE WATER REACHING THE BATTERY THROUGH THE RUBBER GASKET. I MAY BE SWISTING THE CABLE END TOO TIGHT, OR POSSIBLY NEED A NEW GASKET? OR MISSING SOMETHING THAT STOPS WATER FROM ENTERING THE BATTERY AREA. THIS IS WHAT I DO, CHARGE BATTERY PLACE RUBBER GASKET ON CABLE WITH THE THREE PRONGS, TWIST THE CABLE TO THE BATTERY, I DO TWIST THIS TIGHT, TO ENSURE NO WATER GETTING IN. BUT IT STILL GETS IN. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I AM AT WORK AND IN A HURRY. PLEASE HELP ME. IF I NEED NEW PARTS LET ME KNOW A PHONE NUMBER ORDER THEM. I LIVE IN MICHIGAN. THANK YOU.

I thought someone out their would have a sugestion as to why their is water on the rubber ring. I may just have to ask this difficult question on the water hunting forum. I just thought this being deticated to minelab, I would have had some replies by now.

i had a similar problem. the cause was as follows - on the connector there are 3 pins - 2 power conductors and 1 guide screw. the guide screw is hitting the bottom of the hole and keeping
the two sides of the connector from sealing against the rubber gasket. you can solve this problem by shortening the guide screw a little. i hope this solves your problem,it did for me.