Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP! V3 vs E-Trac vs F75

Pancakes

I know this topic has been covered more then if the Eagles should trade McNabb...but I am looking for a little insight. I have an Excal II that I use at the beach (have to send it back to Minelab, it's acting up). I am looking to purchase a new machine for land hunting and also some light beach hunting.

I have had experience using a DFX (borrowed from my brother), so I am familiar with some White's products. I am looking for some opinions on the above machines if anyone can shed some light. A lot of the posts I searched were from over a year ago. Please be honest, I am not interested in people bashing one machine over the other, I am sure they all have their merits. If possible, can responders please address if they have either good or bad experiences with the V3 on New Jersey beaches...

Thanks in advance your all of your help...

Cakes

I don't think this topic is going to last. But I will give you one opinion. All three in the right hands are awesome detectors. In my opinion if you are heading to a beach or high mineral soil the Minelab is the way to go. I will not compare beyond that.

I use both V3 and Minelab products. I am currently learning the V3 and the more I use it, the more Im really liking it. After you get it to come off the factory steroids, it really warms up to you. I use th 5.3 coil and a modified version of Jacks program and I rarely have any hassle as I did when I first received the machine. You cant go wrong with either the V or the E-trac. I have not used the Fisher so I cannot comment. Pick a machine and work it and learn it thoroughly. I love the cordless headphones even though the cheesy ear muffs start to come apart after a lot of use. But hey, its from use and use is good.

>>ear muffs<<

White's will replace your "ear muffs".

Jerry

Lets face it all good machines in the hands of an experienced operator, might want to see a mult-line dealer for his input or perhaps a local detecting club could help you out for what works well in your area..
Briefly..certainly Whites builds a quality unit with lots of info, but expect a learning period...Sames goes for the minelab but awful heavy, Fisher is sort of a love hate unit that appears to not have the qulaity build of the old Fisher before changing hands but some swear by it and some curse the EMI which is prevalent in many areas,

Minelab would probably handle the beaches better than either but again awful heavy but so will a CZ and one of the Sov. models which you have not mentioned..
Honestly don't believe the hype but do your homework as after all you will be using it. In addendum any experienced user of any of the 3 mentioned above could give a good argument as they will produce well learned...