Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP...Question on Tiger Shark coil connection.

strobeone

Just bought a used Tiger Shark and was looking at the coil connection. I am used to other underwater detectors, but have never seen one where you could change the coil. Anyways, it appears to plug in as any other detector (5 pin). Then you just tighten up the serrated ring. Is that all there is to it?? Is that a waterproof seal?? No O ring or anything?? Just want to know before I sink this baby. Please help!!!

Howdy strobeone

Yes, all you have to do is tighten the coil connection, I have had a Tiger Shark since 1991,when they first came out, and never had a problem.

You might want to get a new "o" ring for the face plate,and make sure that it is lubed sparingly with sillicone grease. Just call Tesoro and they will send you a new one at minimal charge or maybe even free! Good luck with your Tiger............Hombre

When water touches the coil connection at the box it may "peep' at ya! Don't know why it just does.

I have used my Tiger Shark for a few years now with the standard coil. I have seen other people that use a 3 x 18" type coil (such as the Bigfoot).

Would anyone have any information on where I could purchase one or even modify my Tiger Shark to adapt one for water detecting?

What I am thinking about is getting a Bigfoot and adapting it to the Tiger Shark with water proof connectors, Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated.​

Howdy BoobieinPa

I use the standard 8 in. coil on my Tiger Shark, and it works fine for what i do. I have read somewhere that Tesoro discontinued the "watwerpoof" 3 by 18 in. widescan coil sometime ago. You may be able to find one on the used forum. although you can buy an adapter to make the uMax widescan work on your Tiger Shark , the connection will not be waterproof. PM Scully he will know more about this than me,also he is a dealer................HH............Hombre