Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help please; found this button yesterday?

Dug

If any of you have any info or knowledge about this button, I would very much appreciate your help. Thanks.

Dug

Presumably someone who knows about buttons will chime in but from a quick bit of googling it looks it's a Union CW button and the D stands for Dragoon. Searching for "d superior quality button eagle dragoon" will turn up a lot of similar buttons for sale but I couldn't find an informational page.

Thanks BlackX for the reply. I also was doing some searching and found similar info as you've given. In addition, I've just found some info at this site stating; "all "D" (Dragoon) eagle buttons were made before the Civil War." And at this blog site is a report of a trademark request by OGS Technologies which was denied by the TTA Board. I found this quote in the text of the blog; "And it claimed that its buttons are "well known among collectors and some of [the] buttons sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars each.""

Thanks again for your help, BlackX.

Dug

Thanks, BlackX. I posted a reply to you in the wrong place; replying to my post instead of yours. So, look at my post above yours. Happy hunting to you and thanks again for your reply.

Dug

Very nice button! Dragoons were the calvary before they were called calvary. During the civil war the letter was changed from "D" to "C" so while the button was made pre-war, there were many many Dragoon uniforms still in use. If I remember my Alberts button book, this one should be around mid-1850's. Again, it is a great find and in terrific shape.

baleniM