Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help on Safari's gold and silver readings

claydigger

I'm new to this forum and find the feedback very helpful. I saw the question someone had posted about the readout on gold coins for the Safari, so I decided to do the air test for myself with a gold and silver coin. I've used a Minelab X-70 for some time and bought a Safari about 6 months ago. When testing my X-70, I get the expected 38 for $20 gold piece and 44 for silver Walking Liberty, but when using the Safari I get 38 for gold but 28 for the silver. I began to wonder about the silver coin but 28 is the same for another Liberty. A silver Kennedy registers 40 on the Safari but the silver Liberty is 28. I know what your thinking, but the Liberty's are real. What's up with the numbers? Is it the size of the coin? Why with the same silver coin am I get 28 with the Safari and 44 with the X-70?