Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help.Need to know

konabikemike

I like to use the reverse discrim method to detect .this method is easy. run your all metal mode for full depth and all target info.then for the targets you think your going to dig you filp to discrim and get that extra target information to better confirm a good target this way you never miss a target and you get full depth.first question can you easly switch from all metal to full discrim mode and back to all metal with the Xterra 70 with one button.also in the all metal mode doe's the display still give you a target number like the discrim mode.please explain how this works on the Xterra 70 please.need to know if it with it for me to buy one .if it can flip back and forth between both modes easly the and has target number in all metal then I will get one.
Thanx
Michael
Southwestern Ontario.

I first used that method of "reverse discrimination" on my Garrett VLF-TR back in the 70's. Worked well, considering. Fortunately, you don't have to do that with the X-Terra. The X-Terra offers TID in the all metal mode, as well as the discrimination (Pattern) modes. As well, the X-Terra audio tones work in those modes. So, switching back and forth is not required. With that said, you can switch back and forth by simply pressing one touch pad. If you are in a discrimination Pattern, simply press the All Metal pad and you are in all metal mode. To go back to a Pattern, simply press the Pattern's pad. Hope this answers your question. HH Randy

Thank you Randy .that doe's it for me. works good for seperating good from bad targets and you never miss anything.
Michael

Set your X-Terra 70 up in all metal, with the multi-tone audio, and I think you will be impressed. I know I am! :minelab: :detecting: HH Randy

It's my experience that notch detectors loose no depth if you reject any notches. It still sees that target but doesn't beep.