Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help I need a Minelab explorer connector:surrender:

solmer

Hi, I've sent another message like this and I want to thanks all people who have tried to help me fixing my explorer connector.... I've emailed Minelab but not reply... :( so i still looking for an explorer connector.... If you have modified to a light version and you have an explorer connector I'll be Happy to buy it from you. Please contact me with a PM or leave an email to irobla@gmail.com. I was talking with a member (Old California) and he has one but I can't contact him again......

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

I just call Las Vegas on that 800 number, worked for me, and was quick, the e mails didn' work for me, got no results fast enough to suit me , so I just called and was good service=shucks try it, don't cost $ :)

Hi, The problem is that I'm located at Spain :unsure: and Minelab only brings support for USA customers.... :( If I phone Minelab they will send me to my local dealer (Who don't want to repair my unit since is from USA)...

Thanks in advance.
Solmer

The coil cables and panel mounted connectors are ones that have been used for years in the HAM and CB radios for microphones. A panel mount version with male pins is available. You could put it through the front of the Explorer's control box on flat area on either side of the upper shaft. You can use a CBC5P. Try a Google or other search engine and you should be able to find a vendor that will sell to you overseas or maybe even a local company in Spain or Europe that caries them.

Hope this helps you out.
Jeff

As Jeff said, the Coil connectors on the Explorer are standard Microphone connectors. You should be able to find them at most electronics parts suppliers or at places that repair Audio Equipment.

HH

Beachcomber

Hi
This where you will get one a 5 Pin
Maintask Limited, Iceni House, London Road, Great Chesterford, Essex, CB10 1NY, United Kingdom.

Email: sales@cybermarket.co.uk
Fax: +44 (0)1799 531 953

Hi Solmer,

another place to look: http://www.hinkel-elektronik.de/shop/3147.html
NC-525 (16447)* CB-Mikrofon-Stecker 5 pol. should be the one that you need. Or go to www.conradelectronic.de and look for "Mikrofonstecker"
Hope this helps.

P.S.: Why did you decide to switch back your mod (curious, because I am thinking about modding my Ex II)?