Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP,I AM DEAD IN THE WATER(my Fisher 1280X,that is)....

warthog

I got out my Fisher 1280 X underwater detector,to get it ready for some serious swinging tomorrow,and was greeted with the VERY ugly fact that I left the batteries in the 8'AA' battery pack,inside my 1280 X....YES,batteries leaked into the plastic battery holder,and the spring tensioner in 1 battery,and it broke the tensioner off at the holder,and it corroded the connector on the detachable power cable end,so bad it broke into little pieces.Got to go to Radio Shack in the morning,and have them solder me on another 9volt battery lead,and I either have to find a new battery holder,or try to fix this one.Any ideas where I can get a new 8 'AA' battery pack holder for my Fisher 1280X??I might try calling Fisher tomorrow.

Go see Al in Plainwell many times he can fix it while you wait. Call him first. Let me know if you need the number

....I had a similar problem back with my 1280 back in the 90's or so?? The good thing about the 1280 is that the electronics is separated from the battery! Evidently the seal gets old and leaks water into the battery chamber which causes the batteries to corrode! I just took all of the corroded items out...cleaned the battery compartment with 70 percent alcohol and sanded and polished the terminal for the battery wires to be attached. I was able to solder these myself! Installed a new AA 8 pack and mine worked like new! Call Fisher and get you a new battery compartment seal!

Sorry to hear about that. Seems like the machines produced in the last 20 years cannot outlive those made 20 years before that.

Hope it recovers!