Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:help:easements?

rever5101

i was wondering if easements (the space between the street & the sidewalk really was county property (in Cali)
the one that i am hitting today is in front of 3 boarded up hoses down town so I'm not to worried but they wont take me to long
and i would like to try a few others but I'm not sure:help:

It probably is actually owned by the city. When subdivisions are created, the cities are usually deeded the streets widths in return for upkeep. That being said, in most towns it is the adjacent landowners who are responsible for the maintainance of the area from their property line out to the curb. If you are hunting in front of vacant lots or abandoned houses, I wouldn't worry, but I wouldn't dare go digging in front of an occupied house without getting permission first from the owner of that house. Put yourself in their shoes!! Also, if you are going to be detecting next to a street, get a safety vest and wear it religeously!! The reason is, apart from the obvious safety one, is that most people will think you are working out there and not just detecting for coins and will probably leave you alone. You can probably pick one up at a Homey D or other hardware store for a few bucks.

Hunt them al as they are city property. If you run into a homeowner who ain't to happy about it then just move on to the next one. There's a lot of goodies in those parkways.

Bill