Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP ANOTHER PENNY MISPRINT EVERYWHERE 1992

steveholdem

I Guess I am the penny man this one was picked up today 1992 penny okay up by his eyes is another number stamped looks like a 5 or a 2 his jaw looks like a 0 now under the 1992 suppose to be a D but it's really hard to see Another letter is stamped it looks like a P Better yet it is Has any body seen anything like this , I guess I find All the weird stuff, any info muck apperciated, I know about silvertown,anybody else know anything about this?????

Not talking about the D beside it it's hard to see, Also i got a better look at where the eyes are a S is stamped there a 3 on the jaw area another o stamped on too now these are stamp marks They stick out like the date is.

Looks like corosion under the copper to me. Typical of the zincolns

are you looking at the last picture i posted by itself look around the eyes its either a S stamped or a 2 it's really hard to tell on the picture.

Post Mint damage (PMD). Particularly environmental.. Sometimes these corrosion spots take on a design that does resemble a number or a letter,It's like looking at a cloud and thinking Wow!! that looks like Lincoln..Just my humble opinion

Does look like some corrison work. Does not appear to be a die error. Ground minerals do a work on zinc.

It's not common but I have found two different Lincolns with stamping on them. One was the Liberty Bell and another recently that had a star inside a circle. They both were stamped in the area in front of the face. You may remember the Lincoln's with a JFK profile stamped on it. Most probably came from carnivals as novelty items others were stamped with numbers to indicate a prize by a MD club.