Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Helloooooooo! I'm back....................

Missouri--Ma Betty

from attending our niece's wedding with my sister, Carolyn which would have been better had I not gotten lost and driving way out of my way and using too much gas with the extra driving; but we made it to the church as she was getting ready to walk down the aisle with my nephew, her brother Scott, who stood in for his dad (my brother) who passed away in 2007! It was a nice Wedding and than the reception in the evening.....the day was nice and sunshiny, although with some cool wind...but all in all (even my getting to show Carolyn a big area of St. Louis by mistake) it turned out okay and we made it back home this afternoon with her leaving to pick up Poppy from the Kennel and then on to her place! Thanks for all your prayers for Amanda's and Mike's wedding day being a beautiful day with no rain and not really, really cold!

PTL, for God is good and answers prayers! I do have one problem the check light is on in my car and don't know the problem for that to be happening.....Carolyn checked my oil and it was okay...just had an oil change in Sept, so will have to check with my auto repair guy and try to find out why the check light is staying on....but we did get back in one piece and no car problems on the highway.....so we are very happy and thanking God, in Jesus' name, for His goodness and mercy!

Amanda and Mike did give me one of the table setting pumpkin bouquets and, also, Carolyn......each is really pretty.....her theme for decorating were of Fall colors.....which went with an October Wedding! God Bless! Ma

sounds like you had a great time.

Glad to have you back Ma. The check engine light could be from the gas cap not being tight enough mine has done that before. It went off in a couple days.

Thanks Mike....good to be back home and on the CMD Forum, again! Happy Fall days.....the colors of the leaves haven't changed here as much in Michigan...only a couple of colder days and nights and need frost for ours to change, we also had some rain, so that may affect them with more brown than beautiful colors! Going to warm up again starting this week with more rain predicted for Sat! God Bless and have a nice day! Amen! Ma

Thank you Travis that may be the problem as I filled the car with gas just before we headed to St. Louis and I don't even remember placing the gas cap back on as my memory isn't the greatest any more and I will have to go outside and check the gas cap.....sure hope I didn't lose it, as will have to try and get another one! Will let you know later about whether I put it back on or not! SAD!! May God Bless! Ma

7centsworth said:
Glad to have you back Ma. The check engine light could be from the gas cap not being tight enough mine has done that before. It went off in a couple days.

Hi Ma, Glad you're back. Also the 'check engine' light could be a computer issue. That was the mechanics response to the light being on in my truck. However, a loose gas cap has brought about the problem as well.

Thanks Martin & Travis! I checked the gas cap and I had put it back on but hadn't made it click, so now I turned it to the right until in clicked into place! Will have to wait until I drive the car again, to see if that was the problem? Older cars, a '91 does wear out just like my older body!! Put the problem is it is more difficult to find the parts for a 1991 Toyota Tercel....had to replace the seat belts and had trouble with finding them, but the auto repair guys did get them replaced a few years ago. I do things so automatically that I couldn't tell you if I did what I was supposed to do or not.....when asked later! Minds and memories get older, too! LOL!! God Bless! Ma

That was probably it. It should go off after two or three times driving the car.

Will be a while before I will be going anywhere, so will take time to check to see if it is the gas cap problem; otherwise, if the check light stays on, I will need to find out why and have the problem take care of and not be too expensive, hopefully!! God Bless! Ma

Sounds like a blessed trip and a blessed wedding. Hope all is well still and you have found out what the error message is for the check engine light for your car.

These things are over rated. On my car the light has been on - for 4 years now - that says "gas cap". After putting on a new one it still is on this last 4 years. I took it in to a garage & they had no idea. Maybe you will be luckier than me.. Steve in so la

Thanks Broadestpower.....haven't gone anywhere as yet, because I've been ill with a sore throat and not feeling well.....my ears itch and guess I may have some infection in them, too; but am feeling better but still have trouble talking to my sister today over the phone! Started taking Laryngitis while in St. Louis and then ended up with a sore throat with coughing and sneezing a lot, but PTL I am slowly getting better by sleeping a lot and getting more rest! I am believing all will be okay concerning my car, for God is good and is good all the time to His own Children! May God keep on blessing you and yours! Amen! Ma

Thank you, Steve, and I believe that my problem is solved with making sure that my gas cap is tight by turning it until it clicked, which it wasn't, so I'm believing all is well but, if not, I know Jesus is still with me and He will take care of it that will be the best for me! Amen! God Bless! Ma