Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello

Ray_Finder

Hello All:

I am a newbie to the hobby, and have probably purchased the wrong detector (Bounty Hunter
Outlaw), but, did not want to break the bank seeing if I like to do this ;-)

Anyway, I may be new to the hobby but have been saved now for 26 years, and love Jesus
with all my heart.

So . . . Is there any advice / help that I need to have more fun and maybe more sucessful?

I live in Michigan if regions make any difference.

Thanx in advance . . .

Ray . . .

another Michiganite :) Just kidding Ray - we have a bunch of them here and they are all great Christians. Sure glad to see ya here.

What I would do to get the hang of things would be to go to your local park or elementary school sand box/play area and dig everything that beeps - till you get a good feeling for it.
And keep in mind, as to the detector make, it's as much the man behind the machine as it is the machine. Good luck, post up what you find, steve in so az

You have come to the right place if you want Christian Fellowship and good advise on detecting. I too started with a Bounty Hunter, and I found a lot of coins once I learned how to use it correctly. I then saved up and bought a Whites XLT off of eBay. There is a lot of experienced treasure hunters in this forum, so ask away and someone will come up wityhu the right answer for you. Again welcome to the Forum. I hope you Post often.
Randy

Welcome to the forum! Steve gave you some good advice, take your time and learn what the machine is telling you. Most of all, have fun! God Bless!

Dave

First you won't find anything if you don't use it. Hunting advice. Move slow and try and keep your loop level and as close to the ground as possible. Every inch between the ground and your coil is an inch of depth you lose in the ground. Would be good if you could find an experienced detectorist to hunt with. You could learn much that way. Also if you can get a Treasur Hunting magazine at your local news stand they have helpful articles in them. After you get out a few times you will have some questions and we will be able to help. Good luck and again WELCOME.

Welcome to our CMD Forum Ray and glad to know another Brother in Christ. Sometimes it isn't the machine as much as it is the people getting to know how to use what they have.

Once you get used to your detector and decide if the hobby is fun (and it is fun) you may want to later upgrade to something newer. Prices are getting better and technology is great.

My first detector was a Bounty Hunter - not as fancy as the Outlaw. It was a real simple one (BFO unit).

If we know where abouts you are located we might be able to point you towards the nearest detecting club where you can get pointers and other help from the members.

Welcome Ray.

Hello: I live south of Jackson MI in the Irish Hills.

I went to your website and it really good. My son is a
police officer, and has been for about 5 years now.

Really good to hear from you . . .

You are Blessed . . .

Ray . . .

I've been detecting since 1981 at 46 years of age and really liked it so much that I'm still with it, but cannot go nor hunt like I used to do! All my hunting partners either have passed away, moved out of the area or too old, like me, to get out and find the goodies like we did in our prime!

I, too, love the Lord with all my heart and so glad I truly know Jesus as my own personal Savior! Without Him I would be nothing!

I hope you find some dedicated MDers to hunt and learn with, as there is nothing like trying and getting the experience....The coins and goodies will come so don't give up and keep on, keepin' on! But it's not everyone's cup of teas, so if not, then God will bless you with what you do like to do, as long as it meets His approval! :)

God Bless!
Betty

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!
Glad to have you. where are you at in Michigan? we have a few guys here from Mi.
My tip for you is to see if theres a detecting club near you and find a buddy. Thats how Mike from Mi. got better on his detector. He got some good tips hanging around with me
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha
God bless
Greg from Mi.

I tried looking up that particular model, but I think it's an older one from what I can tell... No matter, I'm sure you'll be able to find some stuff with it! Just have to learn it... that's all :)

My first machine was a bounty hunter and it found me a lot of coins!

Joe G (Long Island, New York)

you are close to some really great detectorists and should be able to get together with them. Great learning and fellowship.
HH

Mike: I seem to need to learn about how this site works, I have not
replied to you because I cannot find your message any more :)

I did find my first coin last night, a penny, Hurrah! I'm rich ! ;-)

I found out rather quickly, I need somekind of 'sifter' to separate dirt from
the things I am looking for. Also, seems that the discriminater on my BH
can seeminly give a different tone for junk / vs coins. The instructions
to it are somewhat cryptic.

Thanx for all your help . . .

Ray . . .

in person.

Always good to know of my Brothers in Blue but even better when those Brothers and Sisters are also Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Sorry for the delay in answering this but glad you are sticking around. This is a fantastic forum with great 'family of Christ' members. Hope you have been checking out peoples finds and getting a few yourself.

Keep in touch. Nice to know we aren't too far away from each other.