Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello my old detecting buddies and Brothers and Sisters in Christ

Pete in MI

I have been looking at the Garrett AT Pro detector and some other goodies. Spent a lot of time on Facebook, did some vlogs (video blogs) on YouTube and doing not much since I retired. I notice that its been somewhere near a year since I was here last and didn't stay long.

It good to see many of the people I knew here are still here. Looks like a lot aren't posting. I just hope all are well and looking forward to 2015 detecting. Looks like Mike has already been doing some silver collecting. Warthog,,,remember the lot we detected and they were going to build the fire station there? It is still a vacant lot - they gave up on putting the FD there. High weeds now but we both know there is still silver in amongst all those bottle caps (another reason why I am looking at getting the AT Pro).

If all goes as planned, Sherry and I will be heading down your way to get the detector and other items from Al. Long drive but worth every penny,

Well not going to be running off. Will be checking here much more often (and on the AT Pro forum). Still have my ACE 350. Did get out once already. Playground was about half underwater but still managed to pull out a quarter and another coin (can't remember right now) and the usual nail, pull tab, aluminum foil cap from plastic drink bottles.

Looking forward to getting out - might even make a couple Club meetings if all goes as anticpated. God bless you and yours. Happy Hunting.

Good to see you again Pete. I hope you stick around this time. We miss you on here.

Glad to see ya here. Hit that lot before the weeds come up. Everything should be laying down after winter. Club meeting is in 3 weeks so if you wait and drive to Al's that day it would be a good time to get both in one trip.

I do plan on sticking around this time. (Wish this cold weather would go away. Snow on the ground yet again. Got a lot of coins and other items to plant in a detecting test garden...ground still frozen. I is amazing how cold it has been this year over other years. Last year was in sub zero temps too but this last winter the frost line - usually about 3-4 feet - went down to 6 feet and a lot of people had frozen well pumps including me. My well pump is underground in a concrete well house. This year we had to heat it to get the pump to thaw...pipes under the house froze too so had to have heat under the house as well. Not looking forward to the electric bill for those heaters.

Got to get back to my grandson...visiting for a week and at almost 6 years old he keeps me busy lol. HH and be back when he gives me a chance hahaha

That would be great. Its a matter of timing. So hope to make it to the club meeting . Worse comes to worse I would cut the grass on the lot myself just to get back at it...especially after getting the AT Pro and eliminating those rusty bottle caps.
HH Mike

n/t

Same here brother! Haven't been posting much but have visited the forum from time to time. I also haven't been digging in awhile either. I looked at and almost bought the AT Pro myself last year as a way to motivate me to get out and dig again. From all I have read it seems to be an excellent detector for the money.

Hopefully I can make myself get out and get to digging again this year. Let us know what you think of the AT Pro!

You do get out but not detecting - fantastic photography work though. Very impressed with you photogenic eyes. Will let you know about the AT Pro. Had a lot of reasons to get this All Terrain detector. Still waiting for the money to come in - which I hope is within a week or so now to get the new detector and other accessories, HP (Happy Photography), HH and God bless you and the fam. One of these days Sherry and I might get down your way...won't be any time soon :) but on our itinerary to catch up to friends and Family in Christ.

Hi Leslie - glad you are still about. The time for me to learn the AT Pro should be less - having used the Minelab Explorer before. Looking forward to getting it...and hoping it is very very soon now the weather is getting nicer. Still lots of ice on the lake right now. Ground frost went to 6 feet this year...amazing - usually 4 feet is max. Hoping the extra ftost pushes up more goodies this year. Hope all is well in NS land. God bless ya Brother;