Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello my CMD Folks....

Missouri--Ma Betty

I was visiting with my sister and fell again! Had on a sweatshirt top so didn't suffer as much as I could have! Had a scraped and some bleeding on my right elbow, several bruises and very sore from hitting the ground on my bottom and hitting the side of her trailer with my right side including my elbow! Carolyn did get me up by lifting me underneath my arms and shoulders until I could get on my feet enough to grab hold a board that was in the side of the trailer wall! I praise God for saving me from serious cuts and bruises and for my sister being able to lift me up enough to get my feet to where I could pull myself up by the board....I outweigh her and I'm surprised she could do it but with God's help we both succeeded to get me up and walking to the porch to get in the place! I was carrying some clothing for my stay and got off balance by carrying too much at one time! She was helping but I wanted to carry some myself....next time I will be more careful and less stubborn!

I watched her dog Poppy while she took Molly to the Vet for she is losing a lot of weight, drinks water all the time and urinates a lot! The Vet gave her a bottle of stuff to put on Molly's food to try and help her gain weight, but I searched the animal illnesses and I'm pretty sure she has Cushing Disease for most of the symptoms she has are there and she can't be cured but can be managed by blood tests and medication which Carolyn can't afford as very expensive....$25.00 for the bottle of stuff to put on Molly's food, she is getting worse so will probably have to be put to sleep in about 3 weeks when I will be down again to watch Poppy! She will miss her as she has been with her and her husband, David, who passed away with Liver Cancer the last of March, since 5-6 weeks old! Very difficult to lose a pet by death however it happens! Thank you for prayers and God's blessing to all! Ma

Hello Betty,"
Sorry to hear you took another spill but glad you didn't get seriously hurt. You and all our fellow diggers, on the MD Forum, will continue to be in my prayers & thoughts. You take care now..

Martin

Stay on your feet now ya hear! Prayers for quick healing.

You're no spring chick any more - better slow down :)

Could have been much worse, thanks be to the Lord for watching over you. Steve in so la

Thank you, Martin, for all your prayers for me and every brother and sister on this forum! Prayers for your good health and happiness, also! God Bless! Ma

Thanks Mike, but I wish I could stay on my feet and not be falling so much! The fact is my legs are so weak and also my body that I cannot stand straight nor walk straight without stumbling or falling! Can't even get up and down off her porch where there is a concrete step, but not high enough and without a railing or help from my sister, I cannot traverse it and get on the top of the porch; so I go to the end where there is a board on the ground and use the square post at the corner and pull myself up which is hard because of my weakness....have to be very careful and not fall backwards or forward on my face.....Do I wish I was young and healthy again? Oh yes, it would be so great to be able to walk and do what I used to do in my house, yard and MD'ing....couldn't even swing the detector without getting dizzy and falling or falling over and not be able to get up when digging that mysterious treasure! Oh well, age creeps up and health gets most of us at one time or another...just have to accept it for what is happening to each of us as we age towards eternity....either in heaven or in the Lake of Fire and Praise God I am saved and ready to go with Jesus, Who is my personal Savior and Lord! Amen! Ma

Thanks Steve! If I slow down any more than I have....I would be in bed or in the ground, for there is no way for me to be fast doing anything, as I hurt and ache most of the time because of being stiff and sore from old arthritis and having COPD, I don't get enough oxygen to keep me strong and going like I should, but I am not complaining but instead I am with joyfulness that my Lord Jesus Christ loves me so much that He keeps watch o'er me and helps me from breaking bones or killing myself.

As long as I have lived, will be 80 in July, I have never broken a bone that I know of, except for a small toe hitting furniture and Ouch that does hurt! I have fell many times and even hurt my fingers and hand on my right hand when I fell before going upstairs to see my dr. No broken bones and no drugs needed, so I am always thankful....My foot and ankle turned black, blue, purple and all colors with swelling when MD'ing years ago with our club members at a club hunt...fell forward down a paved road where a hole was but didn't even hurt or break my detector, but might have broken my ankle....don't know for sure, as I hobbled around at work on it and didn't see a dr at all! Took about 3 weeks to a month to heal, but I survived.....so you can't keep this ole gal down for long, although she falls down a lot! :geek: Most would think I drink and get drunk by the way I walk now, but never have done that, so 'tis me ole age and unhealthiness!

By the way how are you and Nancy doing in Louisiana now that you've been there for quite some time? I hope all is well with both of you and you're detecting a lot and finding goodies!! May God Bless you and Nancy with good health, continued love and happiness! Let us be ready for Jesus' coming for He may be coming for God's faithful saints sooner than anyone may think! Better to be ready and stay ready than not be and miss the rapture! Amen! Ma

Glad you both worked together to get you in the house. And really glad you didn't get hurt worse.

"don't have to get ready, I stay ready". We have been here in La two years now. We always have lots of aches & pains but they come from working around the house gardening/landscaping. I fish and detect once a week or so. Steve

Thanks Travis and, YES, Jesus helps me in one way or another to keep from hurting myself badly or killing myself from body and leg weakness! I told my son that I am in my second childhood and it is like learning to walk but keep falling as little ones do when older and strong enough to begin to walk! :) God is my Father so He helps like we parents do for our little tots! May God Bless! Ma

Yes, we need to stay ready for the catching away of us when He comes at an hour we know not! Always ready and patiently waiting for His coming for His promise is to come and get us and take us to where He is building us a bright mansion to dwell in forever and ever!

It is difficult to believe that you have been in LA for two years and you and Nancy are blessed to still be able to do house and garden work although you have aches and pains from working in older ages.....as neither of us are young any more...I am unable to do a lot because of weakness in legs and body and walk slowly to keep from falling as I get off balance a lot, so have to be slower and very careful! Glad you can fish and go detecting so hope you do well in both! May God Bless and continue blessing you both with good health and that you are not as unhealthy as I seem to be, but by Jesus' stripes I am healed! Praise God from Whom all blessings and healings flow! Amen! Ma