Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello From South Africa

Simon Morris

Been not too busy the last four months, I used to have this damn sore right leg, pains, numbness and battled to walk, I then had a lower back operation the stuff around the Sciatic nerve was causing the nerve to be pinched inside the vertebre, a small special spring and four rivets was inserted between the F4 and F5 vertebre, but not the flat section of the vertebre but at the rear between the parts that stick out, now you guys can nickname me spring or bounce. This op was down about 8 weeks back, I no longer have any pain in my right leg, however I still get some at the lower section of my spine around the cokses (sp) area, thus I recon that it is still too early to go out and look for stuff with my
Sovereign GT, sitting here in my office, I have it on the top shelf, waiting to be used, the battery is charged and the spare as well, but I want to move the controls and battery pack to my hip onto a leather belt, can some of you tell me if you have done this and which side is better to mount it, left or right or front.

I still battle to set the machine on the correct setting, that book that came with it, does explain things, but to actually set the machine correctly for say salt beach use, I seem to battle, wet salt compared to dry salt sand makes a huge difference, I want the machine to be able to get as deep penetration as possible because on wet salt sea sand, gold rings etc sink deeper into the sand, I find that the soft sand is on top then there is a sort of harder bed sad where all these things can be found, also have you heard that sometimes, coins, rings and other metal stuff collectes in a pocket, depends how the sea shore is in shape, in some area you will find a lot of stuff where in others you will only find one or two items.

When I visit the old Boer War forts and battle fields around Queenstown, I find lots of stuff, will post some more pic's later on.

However I have found real expensive items when people approach me that they have lost rings, the most expensive ring that I found for a person who had lost it in some green grass in front of a boat club was worth R30 000. 00 not sure how much that is worth in your money.

Anyway I really enjoy reading through this web site, you guys and ladies (I am sure there must be some here as well)
are a real great bunch of people, very helpful, no nonsence and very helpful.

Will chat again.
Thank's

Welcome.

I look forward to seeing your finds. Should be quite interesting.

Heal quickly.

Welcome to the Sovereign Forum. Hope the back heals soon. R30,000 would be around $3,966.59 US Dollars. One US dollar equals just over 7.5 Rand right now. I've been to RSA several times but I never bring my Sov GT, hunting something larger than relics :) I'll be in Jo'burg before long for one night, then off to Zim. Lots of untouched camps, battle grounds and the like in RSA. Wonderful country too. Post us some pics, we'd all love to see your finds.
Good hunting,
David@Dixie

I always wanted to visit my niece in RSA. She lives in Noordwijk not far from Pretoria. I hope to see some finds of yours Simon.

Tot siens,

Eric. The Netherlands