Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from new member

Buddysox

Hi all! Just joined the forum. Have had a Garrett Predator lll for years. A while back I had the rare opportunity to take it to the beach. Found out the Predator is not a Beach Machine! It took a real dump on me and just could not handle the wet sand. Then I got home and went to my back yard to pass it over a few known coins for test. It went Nuts! Turns out that at a party somone threw confetti that was made with mylar like in the baloons. The predator could not get past it. Needless to say I just received my Minelab Explorer ll. What a detector! I thought my backyard was usless now but in a few minutes I was able to Discriminate out the Mylar confetti. As for now Im just trying to get used to the factory settings in quickstart and learn the sounds. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. Looking forward to all the Info and comments in the forum.
Oh, yes I have heard the andy Sabisch book is good on the explorer, where can I get one?

I purchased the book from Demarco Detecter Sales. They have a banner on this site and he has fast shipping. Welcome to the forum.:detecting:

Thanks for the info guys, I didn't get the cd with the explorer but I have heard the book is a better source to have.

Located in Phoenix, Arizona. I know now what everyone means when they say three's a " learning curve' with the explorer. Not at all like my old Garretts.

I started out with a Garrett 2500 and got frustrated with the depth I was getting - then I upgraded to the Explorer - it took some getting used to at first, put the time in to get used to the sounds as it is a far superior machine. Regards, Erik

Hello New Member,

Welcome to the world of the Explorer II.

I seldom post, but I would like to suggest a Sunray probe.
There may be another inline probe on the market which sends it's signal through the detector's circuitry.
That would be OK as well.

Almost any electronic probe will reduce your target retrieval time significantly.
The Ex. II has significant depth and a good electronic probe can help you
when you need it most, finding your target without damaging it.

An inline probe is better than a stand alone probe as you can program your Ex. II with it more easily.

After you've purchased an inline probe, send me a PM and we can chat about
Programming that elegant detector.

Enjoy,

The Nutty Teacher

Yup, a probe is next--- when I can afford it. I used up all my wish list with the wife buying the Explorer. Got it on E-Bay at 690.00 from a guy in Tennesee in a like new condition. I have a cabin in northern Arizona that sits on an 1800s homestead. I have found many iron farm fittings and trash in the yard.Can't wait to use the explorer there.
Question: My thoughts at first were to get a probe that is separate from the detector as it would be easier to use without having the unit so close.Or is the quality and performance of the uniprobe worth it? Have you found that it's not a problem?
Thanks

The probe is great. When you switch from Coil to probe, the coil is turned off so no interferance. It will deffinately help in your recovery time. As soon as you get one, do so. I have been in the hobby for fourty years, and this is the best probe you can buy. Also order the upper shaft and have the technicion install it to your ne shaft for you. Plus, you get more depth on this probe than any hand held probe. Good Luck and learn all you can about your new detector. HH...Jesse.