Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from Claire in North East England in United Kingdom

Jesusfreakmccn

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum, got a new metal for Christmas and I am a Christian so I was made up to find this Group to share with. I've joined a couple of metal detecting forums in England and my username Jesusfreakmccn has caused some comment (not bad ones). I actually found a couple of other Christians who also metal detect in my area and we've agreed to try and all meet up when the weather improves a bit. It has done nothing but rain in England for it seems forever now.

Anyway, I did go metal detecting a couple of years ago but my first outing ended up with me being stuck in quick sand, getting wet and covered in oil. Alas my detector didn't survive the ordeal but me and my dog did. I re-tell the whole comical disaster in my blog I've just set up. You can check it out at www.learntometaldetect.com. I've started the blog to post my learning experiences and share with others what I learn. I'm hoping to find some treasure but, I won't be too disappointed as I know my true treasure is awaiting me in heaven.

God Bless and hope to speak again soon. Love & Peace. Claire :ukflag: :angel:

Welcome Claire. Sorry you lost your detector but glad you and the dog got out of the quicksand in one piece.

Welcome abaord me bouy. There is a section on this forum ..Christian Metal Detecting Forum that is quite active. Went some years back on hunt with them and had a great time.

Hit Lincoln everyyear with my m8 there for 2 weeks of field detecting. Take care! Garrett only swinger of 42 years!

Your in the country that keeps finding the hoards.
Good place to hunt for you .Welcome to the forum !

G/Day Jesusfreakmccn.

I am not in the least bit suprised that you managed to find a couple of other Christian metal detectorists, seeing that the majority of the population of the Earth are Christian educated.. Even if some of them don't believe in a God they have still been educated with Christian values. The entire law and education system in the Westen world is Christianity based.
So the way I see it is that there is no need to tell the forum your relgious status because you will be excepted no matter what your religion.. This is a Metal detecting Forum not a relgious forum.

My opinion only.

Welcome !

Fishers Ghost said:
G/Day Jesusfreakmccn.

I am not in the least bit suprised that you managed to find a couple of other Christian metal detectorists, seeing that the majority of the population of the Earth are Christian educated.. Even if some of them don't believe in a God they have still been educated with Christian values. The entire law and education system in the Westen world is Christianity based.
So the way I see it is that there is no need to tell the forum your religious status because you will be eccepted no matter what your religion.. This is a Metal detecting Forum not a relgious forum.

My opinion only.

I just put this here to correct a couple of spelling mistakes. The spell checker does not know the difference between eccepted and excepted. All it knows is that they are correct spelling.
Ya gotta be quick here with your editing.

One of my first times out metal detecting, I was searching the bed of a freshly dried lake. What used to be the bottom was very deep quickmud if you went far enough out. I realized what was happening fast enough thankfully, but I had to abandon one of my rubber boots-for a second. Scrambling through the mud, I randomly grabbed a horse shoe that was about 6 inches under (one you would use for the game, not for actually putting on a horse). What are the chances? Didn't even need my detector to find that one! So next time you're caught in quicksand...might as well take the time to search it?