Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello Folks---Continuing of Metal Detecting finds (1978)

His finds for 1978--- (30) Silver Dimes (12) Silver Quarters (1) Silver War Nickel (3) Sterling Silver Rings ( 1 men's Silver & Turquois Ring) (1 Sterling Silver Band with 'JESUS IS LORD' (Wish I had that one) He isn't a Christian!

Rings cont'd (1) Small Sterling ring with tiny set--looks like a pull tab (4) Sterling Silver Medallions (Various sizes)

My finds for 1978.... (13) Silver Dimes (1) Silver Canadian Dime (1962) (10) Silver Quarters (2) Silver Half-Dollars (5) Sterling Silver Rings (1) Men's 10K Yellow Gold Ring with Initial T on Black Onyx Stone

His finds for 1979.....(1) Silver War Nickel (1945-S) (14) Silver Dimes (7) Silver Quarters (1) Silver Half-Dollar & (1) 1/2 of a Silver Half-Dollar (1) Sterling Silver Ring

My finds for 1979.....(1) Silver War Nickel (1943-S) (11) Silver Dimes (6) Silver Quarters (1) Sterling Silver Wedding Band Ring (1) Sterling Silver Medallion (Dime Size) with St. Joseph Pray For US ( Not many finds for a whole year but we only had one detector to use between us--not sure when he bought one for me but I think in 1981 when he got tired of sharing after we joined the detecting club in late 1980! God Bless! Ma

There was lots of silver in the ground back then!

Yes, Mike and Steve, there was and think what and how much could have been found with the detectors of the 90's and up to now had we had them then!!!! I bought my Whites XLT Spectrum in Dec of 94 or 95 and it is or was a very good one, and I really liked hunting with it! My son has it now but is outdated by today's standards! I will try and post what I found with it after the divorce in March 1988! Ma

Yes, Steve, but lots of trash like old soda cans (deep) rusted bottle caps and lots of iron and the old rusty tabs off beer and soda cans, as at that time they sounded just like a coin and no depth meter on most detectors but you would have found a bunch of gold, silver and good stuff because you dig everything anyway while tiring out less than now at a younger age! Keep on, keepin' on for Jesus and hunting the goodies! Ma

Just wanted all to know that I didn't get rich, as the collection was split, with not much value because of paying for detectors, repairs and hunting equipment which was deducted and I was left with a home that I spent $40,000 for updates and many repairs after the divorce! My ex was saving for the divorce by putting money into his separate account and not into the house which was in need of Termite repairs, pier drilling to stop the mud and water from coming into the basement along with new roof, guttering, new windows and storm windows/ doors, new garage door and opener and cracked bricks repaired and on and on! I kept borrowing on credit cards at lower interest rates and that is how I ended up selling my home and then my Duplex and auctioning off my furniture and things for less to pay off a debt that I had forgotten about but caught up with me!

This was how I lived in my home for 30 years after the divorce and couldn't work any longer because of health reasons! Only with God and Jesus' help was I able to do this although it would have been better if I had sold the house right away after the divorce and Tami, my daughter, now 18 left, before property prices fell during Clintons presidency and then BO's when everything and the economy went Kaput! But that is life and we must take bad things along with the good and praise God in all things and learn to do better by learning from our mistakes!

I don't have a home now and my '91 Toyota is old but my sister helps, although her place is falling apart because her husband didn't finish anything he started and wouldn't pay to have it done, and so he died and left her with a mess but we do manage to live with and in it! Others have it far worse or no place to live at all; so we give God thanks and manage on what we do have with His help and blessings, as He is good and He is good all the time to whoever loves and worships Him and sometimes to those who don't! Well, you must be bored by now so will close and if you would like me to post more of the finds for 1980 and onward please let me know and I will type them for those who're interested! Ma

You found a lot of nice coins and rings! I haven't been digging in ages and think it might be time to let the detectors go.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Doug

Yes, Doug, maybe you should as the older they get the more outdated they are as newer detectors get better at going deeper and discriminating! But I liked mine and kept thinking my health would improve to where I could go out and detect again, but didn't and now it is difficult for me to even get out Period! I used my Whites XLT Spectrum from '94 or '95 until 2006 when my brother came to live but was ill and then became worse and passed away in 2009. Our younger brother, Larry, passed away in 2007 by suicide; so was a SAD time for us and then me---I still miss them both very much! Hope you can go detecting again or receive a fair price for everything! God Bless and Merry Christmas to you and Carol! Gave the detector to my son, for coming to help move my things not sold (given away) in the auction, as most stuff sold too cheap! :cry: Ma

Doesn't seem to be much interest in my finds of log ago----but for those looking anyway, I will continue and anyone not interested don't have to look! This way I can still participate with my CMD Forum folks and try I will not to get so personal in my posts, for I know this ole lady writes too much about her own self but I like to read and wish others would write more about their hunts and families and make the forum more interesting! Ma Betty

I typed some more for 1980 through 1986 and lost them before posting message---the post just disappeared, so guess I am not to continue for some reason? Ma