Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello everyone!

detectahead

Sorry for not posting in such a long time. Some 10 months ago we found out my wife has CML. We have been dealing with the situation,holding our heads up and going on with life as normal as possible. We discovered this condition in a routine physical and blood test and caught it early in its first stage. My wife has not opted for the transplant since the mortality rate is high. There is a new drug called Glevick(a true miracle drug) passed by the FDA in 2001. Now other drugs are coming out that are even better than it. For now my wife is in remission and blood test are done every two wks. Yes,it is very expensive but who is counting when it comes to the most important person in your life. Like I said we're not sitting back and boohooing. My wife knows how much I enjoy MD, posting on the forum and showing my finds. Yes, the river god is still there and Max(Hi Max!) knows what I am talking about. The river was so crowded this year with tubers I was drooling. Started MD in last month and you want believe your eyes as to what I have gotten already! Will post some pics later! Glad to be back! Richard WNC

n/t

Whatever decisions you make, they will be the right ones and keep looking forward.

glad to hear that she is doing well.
Glevick is truly a wonder drug.
hope she continues to respond well to the tx.

Rick