Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello everyone,Remember me ?

Dan-MO

What can I say? It has been a long hot summer and as a Country song lyric says, sometimes your the windshield,sometimes your the bug.It seems like I have been the "bug"for the better part of the summer.Lots of demands on me at work and at home.It has gotten so demanding at work-due to layoffs and cut-backs-that my job is near impossible to do at the level of care I have done it at in the past.I have all new upper level supervisors-all young college educated whiz kids with no experience outside the classroom-who seem intent on ruining a business I have worked 15 years to build......so far they have eliminated 40% of my staff with more to come.It has gotten so bad that I am seriously considering seeking employment elsewhere,something I never thought I would do.I work in the medical field and mistakes can cost lives so the pressure is always on.

I can never understand the accounting practices of large corporations.If you are PROJECTED to make a 2 million dollar profit...and only make A 1.5 million dollar profit...How is this a LOSS of a half million?

Anyway enough about my problems,from reading the posts I am glad to see some familiar names.I hope everyone is doing well.I am determined to make more time for myself, and that includes chatting with you all and maybe writing a story or two if anyone is interested.So long for now...

everyone know that you are doing OK. Sorry to hear about your work place not being much fun any more, just hang in there and do what you think you need to do. When you do get some time, by all means please post a story or two. Take care of yourself and hurry back! Kelley (Texas) :)

I worked GM for 42 years and it was the same there. I worked in skilled trades as an electrician since 66 and it is amazing how things changed and not for the better. We used to get our forman from the trades and they were usually pretty knowlegable but the new ones are college boys and dumber than a box of rocks. It is insulting how easy they are to fool and insulting when these young kids try to tell us, who have done the job for many years, how things need to be done. It distroys moral and nobody gives a good rip after a while.

On the job I had my tech saved them millions of dollars but I had to almost force the dumbasses to pay attention to it. They ignored me on one problem because it would cost them a bit of money to inspect a critical area. I warned them and warned them but they ignored me. It finally blew and SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE GM TRUCK AND BUS operation for three days. Three whole days and what did that cost the dumbasses??

GM say they are making poor profets and want the retirees to start paying health insurance. Who the hell are they kidding? Wagner got a 16 million dollar bonus a few years ago and if they had so much money, why didn't they pass some down to me?

It is a real sore spot for me as I saw it day after day and reports of problems I turned in were ignored because they had to be fixed weekends. Instead they would shut down production for hours to fix them when they broke down during up time.

That BS about not making projections is a loss is smoke and mirrors. What it means is the bloodsuckers at the top will not get the bonus they wanted so they blame it on the rank and file. WE sure the hell don't design those gas hogs and we sure don't make any decision that effects sales. They do and they want to pass the buck.

I have storys about GM that I could tell. It is run by a bunch of college boys that don't know crap and are too dumb to know it.

I feel for you Dan. I have been there and retirement feels great. My contract is only as good as the last one and my stupid arsed union, the local, has not even agreed to a contract yet and it has been three years. What a sorry bunch my union is too but I am stuck with the clowns.

Hit a nerve didn't you? :thumbup: I guess this should be on the Views forum

we have missed your stories and comments. We have all taken some time off and then come back to the forum from time, for we all know this is where a bunch of good friends await us. Welcome back, and like you said, take some time for yourself. Glad your back, my friend. Hope to be reading some of your stories again soon.!

large wives are like large corporations, If i make $100,000 a year, she spends $200,000, maybe she needs to go on a diet. just like them large corpo's.

remember you? yeah, i remember you Dan, you are the onlee one uglier than i am:lol:

n/t

has to do with doctors can make you nuts! Now, I have probably embarressed myself because you are a doctor. :blush: Oh well, what will be will be. But I thought you once mentioned something about radiology?

I would have retired YEARS ago!:lol:....I am much lower on the food chain than that.

I work for one of the largest home medical equipment companies in the nation.(I would rather not name the company)We set up medical equipment in patients homes....mainly respiratory equipment like vents.,oxygen,CPAPS,BIPAPS...etc.

For the last several years I have been a regional manager over-seeing the operations of 6 locations and at one time...40 employees.

I am a licensed respiratory therapist although I rarely get the chance to have direct patient contact these days.To busy with the administrative duties and the mountain of paperwork (and headaches) that go with them.

Congratulations Grandpa!Hope things are well with the little one....aint nothin better in the world.

Scott is a registered nurse, and since we have had this business, he says although he does not miss it that much, he still liked the patient one on one. Plus, not having to mess with all the administrative stuff!

Lucky you,...........you are not a doctor! :lol: That would make your wife a doctor's wife, and then I think I would have to do something really bad to her. :lol: The doctors are bad enough, but when I hear "my wife is my office manager,"..man I turn and run the other way as fast as I can!!!!

Thanks for answering me!! :)