Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello Everyone!!! New to the hobby and just bought my first detector...

candycane

I have been thinking for sometime about joining in the fun in finding lost items.I chose the Tesoro because of it's lightness and warranty.

The company I purchased this detector through,told me about this site and Tesoro's own forum.I know I will have many questions as time

goes on and hope that some of you will give a helping hand....Thank You,,,Brandy.

Hi Brandy,

Welcome to the forum. You have come to a great place to learn and share your experiences. There are people on this forum that are very friendly. Some of them have decades of experience with this hobby and are happy to help and share with others.

There is lots of good reading in some of the past posts if you have time to look back through some of the stuff. You can get an idea of the subject by reading the titles.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. People will be glad to help.

I have questions. Hope I'm not too nosey.

What Tesoro did you choose? What kind of metal detecting are you interested in doing? What State do you live in? How's the weather?

I have four Tesoros. Euro Sabre, Eldorado, Silver Sabre uMax and a Compadre.

I like hunting for jewelry in playgrounds, hunting for artifacts/relics, parks, home sites Etc.

I live in Arkansas. It's been raining a lot and cold but on hard freeze or snow yet.

Best of fortune in your endeavors,

Welcome - and I see you got on the right start. There is a load of information here - never heard the term Internet when I started.
Informative with a helping hand is what this is about. Hope to see more post - HH :cheers:

I bought the Tejon,everything under 6-8 inches in depth and the weather has been in the hi 90's...As of now,I am on a 2 year work visa in Australia working with the { Royal Flying Doctor Service out of Broome,West Australia } I have been told that West Australia is the size of Texas and Alaska combined with some left over and has a population of 4 million...

Hi Candycane,
You sure have come to the right place on the Forum for any info, fine bunch of Guys/Girls more than happy to help you in any way they can.
I am new to the Forum, only joined a couple of Days ago, from Perth in WA, yep its been hot down here, 44 deg in the shade a couple of days ago.
Is the 80 mile beach near you in Broome ???, give you a bit to go at if it is, i own a Vaquero, let us all know how you are going,
Good luck
Holey Dollar

I hear the Tejon is a really fine detector. Best of luck with it.

Sounds like your a ways from Arkansas.

Hope to hear more from you soon,

Hello Candycane(Brandy) welcome to the great and unpredictable world of metal detecting. Like Forest Gump says...You never know what your gonna find !!!
Enjoy the hobby.Keep us posted on how you are doing.There are great people on this forum who can and will help you be very successful at this fine hobby.

Hello Candycane.

Gosh, what fun!
I hope you find a whole bunch of those big nuggets down under!!!

Sure hope you post info on your progress and pics of many nuggets.