Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello everyone....I am still suffering from Bronichal cough and sore throat, although not too bad...

Ma Betty in MO

but because of my COPD and Osteoarthritis I am not getting a whole lot done now...so have slacked up in my sorting and packing my belongings to get ready for an auction or to sell my home! I have done without A/C for 3 months but used fans which, I guess, caused Neuritis in my upper back which I have meds for now! My neighbor, Glenn, who does the moving and yard trimming, had an A/C repair company to come to my house, yesterday, to check and clean my A/C, which is 7 years old.... He preprogramed my Thermostat and put new AA batteries in it, as the others were weak and I didn't even know the thermostat held batteries....there is a reading showing whether weak or full and I can't read it all, as it is so small! After an hour of checking everything out, my A/C is working great and is comfortable for me set at 79 to keep my electric bill down, so I can pay it! Wasn't so high with just fans going! Glenn paid for the $197.00 repair bill and I offered to pay him back when I am able to do so, but he said it is a gift to me, so doesn't want paid back! It is so difficult for me to accept gifts from others of helping me in the financial dept, as I've been raised to pay my bills myself and not spend monies foolishly for things I don't necessarily need or just want!

I appreciate the Lap Top and him paying the A/C repair bill, but I feel like I should pay back, so how do I accept God's blessings and not feel bad about not paying for the repairs and etc ? I don't mind helping others when I am able to do so or even when I'm not able, but when the same is for helping me, I just feel like I need to pay back...even when it is a gift? Does anyone else have this problem of accepting God's blessings without guilt of thinking I should repay? God is very good to me and I appreciate all that He does through others....but still I feel like their monies should be paid back when I am helped financially! This old lady has been around a long time and I guess I've come to the point where I need help and need to learn to accept help without feeling I need to pay back....my cousin says, This is pride and to let others help and not to worry about it when offered help in different ways! So, I guess, I must do this at my age and illnesses now! So hard though for someone who has always did things myself and paid my way! :sad: :unsure: :angel: Ma

which is based on water usage during Jan, Feb and March of each year.....The basement commode was leaking and didn't know it as the tank wouldn't shut off and was wasting plenty of water! Well the water company adjusted their bill and was supposed to inform the Sewer Co. but they apparently didn't, as they don't care how much money a person has to spend on bills, so with a $25.00 plus added to my former bills of $20.23 per month...I am being charged $45.00 plus, so now I've got to get in touch with the Sewer Company and deal with them on this higher bill, as it will be charged every month for a year unless I do something about it! Satan never wants anyone to have peace, so after the blessings...more trials come!

Yet, I have Jesus and Praise the Lord for He is good! Amen! My homeowners ins is due the end of Sept and it is $869.00 for another year of being insured on my home...would be $124.00 higher, if I want to go back to my $500 deductible, as they upped it to $1,000.00! Since I must sell my home to get out of debt or try to do so, I will keep the $1,000.00 deductible and hope and pray for safety from storms and fires! I am telling this if anyone reads it, that Christians aren't safe from trials and tests for satan brings plenty, but we have an Advocate, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who goes before the Father and intercedes for us when we fail or in difficult trials! Praise the Lord for He is good and is good all the time and our solid Rock on which to stand in the stormy trials of life! Amen: :angel: Ma

I learned many years ago from a Sunday School leader that you should never deny someone the blessing of to blessing you. Beside you have blessed many over the years! God is good all the time!

But what you said is true and I need to allow others to rec blessings, too, as they want to do something for me and then they are blessed! Most older folks don't want to give up and allow others to take care of them, for it is admitting we are getting older and can't do like we used to do for ourselves and it seems I am financially unable to pay my bills like I did and they are increasing in costs which is getting more difficult to handle! Glenn said that he wanted to help me by gifting the A/C repair cost for me! He is retiring at the end of the month...I think he has reached retirement age...whether 62 or 65, I don't know! He has and is a lot of help for me.....maybe I shouldn't move because of his helpfulness! :lol: But I must as with increase in prices of ins and almost every bill, I gotta move on to the place God sends me or rec the monies I need to pay off all my debts! Whatever happens I know God is with me and will never forsake me through my loving and obeying Jesus Christ, the Savior and Lord of my soul! Amen! :angel: Ma