Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hello every one glad to be in the group would you please give me info on tesoro cibola before i buy thanks

Hi,

Well I just bought one today.........I have been reserching them for about a month, and I have an Garrett Ace 250. After doing some testing in my test garden, I can say......WOW! :jump:

It hits on a silver quarter at 7" (my ace won't) and I can raise the coil 5" and it still gives a solid signal! Discrimination is better, It's lighter. It's all I hoped it would be.

Now, I still love my Ace 250, It has found me many coins and my first ring......(you can read my story on the Garrett site in the treasure storys) But I wanted a detector that would go deeper than the Ace. Plus now I have a detector my wife can hunt with or a friend to use.

For my area here in Portland Or. I think the Cibola was a smart buy, It does what I wanted it to do, and it is very easy to learn. If you get one, plant some targets in the ground, use some coins, pull tab, bottle cap, screw cap, some foil, rusty nail, and then listen to the sounds they make at diff. settings. I would crank up the threshold to at least 3 o'clock or more and you can set the sens as hihj as you want. just try all the settings.......that's what I'll be doing for the next couple of days.......then I'm off to do some hunting.

Good luck.

The Cibola is a good detector, but it has a factory preset ground balance so in a small percentage of areas it won't work well.

Before you buy, I'd check with a dealer or other detectorists in your are to make sure the soil mineralization in your area is moderate.

For the same price ($420 shipped - Backwoods Detectors) you should get the Vaquero as it has the Ground Balance control.
GB on the Cibola is fixed and not adjustable. A detector that is properly Ground Balanced will detect deeper targets than one that is not.

Willee

hi! I'm sure you will be happy with the cibola. i have found 3 gold rings this year with it! 2 10k and 1 18k. I havent had any ultra deep coins yet but i have found a few at about 7". Its a good machine for coins and hits hard on gold! Keep diggin those signals in the nickle to pulltab range! Good luck and happy hunting.

I have the ace also and bought the vaquero because of the ground balance over the cibola. Its been a great machine for coins in parks, plantation relics, and even the wet stuff at the beach, Tesoros have much better target separation than the ace and you need only to X the target to pinpoint due to the fast retune.. You won't disappointed with either.Ditto on dealing with backwoods detectors, Richard is great to deal with.

I'm kind of partial to the Cibola. I had a different brand entry level target ID detector that did not ID very well and would find a quarter up to 4 inches deep in good conditions. I was doing very well to pay for batteries with it.

A friend recommended I try a Cibola. I got it and it paid for itself in about a year.

By the second year the Cibola had taught me to listen to it talking to me. I was being stubborn in thinking it only beeped and did not really listen until I had read a lot on the forums, talk to others, spent more time with the Cibola and then I finally started to listen to it express itself with round edged beeps, clipped edge beeps, chirps and various other modulations. Then, the Cibola magically started to get even better and it paid for itself again in the next six months. I started acquiring more detectors that did things like ground balance and that could be submerged in water.

Still have the Cibola and will keep it. It isn't getting a lot of hunt time right now but doesn't just sit in the closet either. It is a good detector and I enjoy time spent with the Cibola.
tvr