Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello CMD Folks...

I've been going through the divorce showing what coins each of us had found and since my memory failed me ,after the divorce from depression and the difficult time of going through it that my ex filed for while I was both physically and mentally ill and suicidal, I didn't remember that we were metal detecting in 1977, 78, and 79 before the Whites Metal Detecting Club was started by Roy Volker January 1980 that we joined in 1980 and didn't do much detecting until 1981! Just wanted you to know that we had detected before joining the club and sure is weird how memory fails and can't remember things that happened in the past; so in total I hunted from 1977 to 2006 when my brother came to stay with me who was ill so really couldn't get out and detect like I did for many years after the divorce and I was getting unable to do so then too! Sure do miss it but had to come to an end, as I can't stand on my own two feet without falling if I'm not real careful because I fell again not too long ago but managed to get up by myself.. was bruised and sore but nothing broken! Here is are the finds in 1977 and while I was not too good at it and we shared the same detector so limited until he bought one just forhimself to use! LOL!!! Never counted the clad coins found for the divorce which were a lot found!

(1977) His finds (18 Silver Dimes) (16 Silver Quarters) ( 1 Silver War Nickel--1944-P) (1 Silver Canadian Half--1937) (6 Silver Half Dollars) (3 Sterling Silver Rings--Small Sizes)

(1977) My finds (11 Silver Dimes) (15 Silver Quarters) ( 3 Silver Halves) ( 1 Sterling Silver Lady of Loretto Medallion) (5 Sterling Silver Rings) ( 1 10KYellow Gold Class Ring With Red Stone Setting--Size 9) Well I hope I haven't bored you with the past and if you would like our finds in 1978... I will try to type and post them, too, since I haven't any finds to post these days! God Bless and Happy Hunting! Ma

All those years detecting sure were good to you. I don't know if I ever dug 15 silver quarters and 3 silver halves in one year.
Lets see your totals for 1978. Steve in so la

Thanks for sharing some of the past. I sent you a message here and on FB. Also tried to call but the number is changed.

Thanks Steve... We were new at MDing and the detectors back then were not like the ones of today, as to dig 6 inches deep was doing good because of all the trash of bottle caps, iron and etc. Lots of silver to find if our detectors were
working.. they would break down easily and have to be repaired or traded in for a supposedly better one! When in the club others had similar problems until able to have a good one--- there were lemons like in cars and etc. My ex worked and would rest awhile before having to leave; so we didn't put in many hours nor go out often.... so many times while visiting his mother in the country or while on vacation we would do more hunting; especially after schools were out or after their picnics! I have daily hunting and finds written down with everything listed including clads and junk items but can't use my copier and printer on my Lap Top as no room to set it up to use with my computer sitting on top of a cardboard box in front of my Big Chair that I sit in everyday and use the hunt and peck system instead being able to use the key board like with my All-In-One and roller desk... but I am getting pretty good at typing this way although much slower.. so anyone doing the same of two fingers typing I understand why not posting a lot of words or typing posts more often! LOL! Hope the ground works out for you to find some nice goodies! God Bless! Ma

I have the same number on my Tracphone, so don't know why you couldn't get me but I am hard of hearing and having it on vibration it shakes itself completely off my folding tray and down into a basket I have other stuff in... Not long ago I goofed and deleted all the phone numbers that were in it! So now they need to be put back in when someone calls and I don't always know who is calling; so don't answer as it uses my minutes which I don't have many of at times! Will message and give you my number and my sisters, too, as talking is unlimited on her house phone! FB ? I don't know as I have so much trouble with them and they keep changing things which I don't understand!! NOW, Go get those deeper goodies in your new hunting grounds! Good luck and God bless and pray that your grandson is on his way to being well! Ma

The number I called must have been an old one as a lady answered and said wrong number. FB is short for Facebook. I left a message there for you also.

Yes I know FB is for Facebook and I have so much trouble with them on changing things as I don't like changes---- just harder to change when much older! You might have called my phone # on my line phone connected to my Internet in Cuba, MOthat was disconnected right before I moved into my sister's place on July 4 of this year.... I had cable which I liked but can't get it here only Century Link but it is WIFI! Ma