Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Hello", and introducing myself :-).....

MichaelB

Hello everyone... I found these boards a week or so ago while I was searching for info on White's MD's; and I've been busy reading ever since. This is a great place and has already been extremely helpful in my MD self-education !
Such as it is, I do not own a metal detector yet; but by the end of June (and probably much sooner) I'm sure I'll have an MXT to keep me busy. I decided on the MXT after reading numerous posts about the different MD's available and immediately registered on this site.

I live in western North Carolina in a very mountainous and remote area; one where I have never seen anyone detecting and am surrounded with various abandoned properties and miles of forest. The MXT seemed like a good idea because of it's versatility (I'll be hunting for just about everything) and it's relative ease of use, at least once the learning curve has been conquered. Being a newbie to modern detectors, I'm sure I'll have my work cut out for me in this department; my only other previous experiences were as a child with "Radio Shack type" detectors that helped my finance my (almost) yearly quest for a new bicycle each spring. That worked out well enough to instill a lasting interest and now that I'm in an area that looks to rich with possibilities, I just had to try to get back into it - this time at 48 years old and with some proper equipment.
I'll definitely be starting out with just the basic unit, but I can see that there are not only other possibilities in coil choices, but that my area may have issues with everything from black sand to mineralized soil.... so this will be not only a learning experience, but a race to learn the in's and out's of what will and will not work for me. It would be great if there were someone else in my area that has some experience and can direct me along as I try my hand at some serious digging :)...

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say "Hi", and give you some info about myself. Thanks for having such a great wealth of information for me access !

Michael

Welcome Michael. I am new to this site to. You will find that the guys and gals on this site are a wealth of friendly information. I have the MXT, which I have only had a short time, and I tell you that it is an awesome detector. I have found some nice silver coins, but most of all I have had a lot of fun learning to use it. I learned when I first got the detector to be patient, which is hard for me. You have to learn how to make all the necessary adjustments to fine tune it, which sounds hard, but with time it will all come together and you will begin to make some great finds. This site, I have found, is a wealth of information. If you have problems, with the detector, there is someone on this site who can help you solve it. Once again welcome and Happy Hunting. Dennis in Idaho

Micheal, The MXT is a super machine...if ya need any help, there are a lot of great guys on this forum who will be more than happy to lend a hand...RichardnTn

Thanks for the welcome guys :)...
Believe me, I can see that this is the place to be learning a new machine !

Michael