Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello All! I need to update my Lap Top from.....

MaBetty, if there were a way for me to donate a Google Chromebook to you ... believe me, I would do it. I cut my teeth on PC's back, in the mid-to-late 80's, when they were just coming on the market and I was studying computer information systems @ Davenport University. Then I graduate to the Apple world and finally to the Google Chromebook world. These little Chromebooks are absolutely amazing. They run on 'apps' just as the Apple products do and their just as unlikely to get a virus or have any trouble. Their self-updating and the list goes on. In my mind, their an Apple for less than half the price. I'm typing on a nice little 11" chromebook by Acer and it sold for $139.00 brand new. I had it two years and haven't had a lick of trouble with it and believe you me I wouldn't go back to a Windows unit for all the tea in China knowing what I do about them. Let me see if there's a way to get one to you. Okay?

I have a Lenovo Lap Top and when I updated to Windows 10 I had trouble with font size being so large it made everything difficult to read as the large fonts filled the page and no matter what I did to get them to regular size they remained way too large and I was told by my computer that this Lenovo doesn't work with Windows 10, so after restoring it to the original 8 I downloaded 8.1 again which I was told to do for I needed to update my browser Internet Explorer to 11! I have Windows 10 on my All-In-One (HP) but unable to set it up to use here at my sister's place.

Thanks Bro. Martin but please don't go to the trouble as I will keep on using my Lap Top until I can set up my HP All-In-One and use it with Carolyn's Century Link Internet service that is already set up for her but she is waiting on a new Tower for her monitor ( DELL)! God Bless you for caring so much! If you all remember, those on this CMD Forum bought this Lap Top for me and I am very thankful and appreciate your kindness very much, although it took a while to get used to it without a mouse which I have connected to it now by using the mouse belong to the one I bought while living in Cuba, MO where I had Spectrum Cable Wi Fi service and really liked it but no cable here! God Bless you ALL! Ma