Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello All and help ID please :)

In hoc signo vinces is the rendition in Latin of the Greek phrase meaning "with this as your standard you shall have victory". This is a Knights Templar piece I am pretty sure... check this out:

http://cemeteries.wordpress.com/2006/09/23/knights-templar-in-hoc-signo-vinces/

Glad your doing better.. God Bless. Richard

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
Glad your doing better.. God Bless. Richard

Thanks Richard, But not really doing better..but a guy can only sit on his rear and stare at the walls so much. Had trouble walking back to my truck,pushed it a little to much today :) Things will get better :wiggle:

Cool finds Kurt, way to go getting out. Indiana is still pretty much frozen in, but I promise we are ready to go with the thaw.
The Knight piece is pretty awesome. Sounds like this place has some real promise. Good luck, getting back.

HH, Don

If you google "In hoc signo vinces" and then click "Images" you'll find hundreds of hits on it. I'd say it's a Masonic Knights Templar Emblem, but it appears to be gold based on it's condition and TID, as other metals would tend to tarnish/corrode being in the ground like that. An object that size from brass or bronze should also hit much higher on the TID.

Neat find for sure :thumbup: