Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello again Everyone....How I spent the last 6 weeks

Dan-MO

Its been a while and I hope everyone is doing well.I have faithfully read the forum for the last several weeks-keeping up with everyones adventures and have enjoyed reading the stories more than you know..Congrats to Mike and Alice for being wonderful hosts-Sounds like everyone who visited them had a wonderful time and I am truly sorry I couldn't make it.

6 weeks ago while on a fishing trip in a remote area with a friend we suffered a vicious unprovoked attack from a large group of young men.They were all drunk or doped up or both and came into our campsite cussing and screaming and looking for trouble for no apparent reason.As I tryed to talk to a couple of them-to reason with them and avoid any trouble,another of their group attacked me from behind.
When I turned to try and defend myself 5 or 6 more jumped in.I managed to get a couple of good shots in-but was soon overwhelmed and knocked to the ground where I was kicked and stomped repeatedly.All I could do was try and cover up as best I could and wait for them to stop.Problem was,they didn't stop....

After a while,the kicks stopped hurting. It was weird,everything seemed to be happening in slow motion...It was as if it was happening to someone else and I was witnessing it.I honestly believe they intended to beat me to death.

As I neared unconsiousness a great peace came over me as I began to drift off,I realized I was going to die.I thought of my family.In the movies they say your entire life flashes before you at times like this.I can't say it happened to me,but I remember being amazed that my life was going to end on a muddy river bank by the hands of complete strangers I had never seen before and for no reason other than their lust for blood.

A part of me wanted to surrender to the peace but another larger part wanted to cling to life.With the very last of a strength I didn't know I had,I somehow rolled a few feet away from them...managed to get halfway to my feet and stumbled into the small tent.They must have thought I had a gun in the tent...(I didn't)...because at this point they jumped into their cars and roared away.

I found my friend who had also been beaten....though not as severely as me..and in a terrified panic...for fear they would return and finish the job... we got in my truck and sped away...leaving our camping and fishing equipment.

We were 80 miles from home,I was unable to drive and could barely hold my head up and as soon as we were a few miles away Keith took a look at me and headed for the nearest hospital.Both my eyes were swelled shut,I had some cracked ribs that sent sharp pains thru me at every breath,I was bleeding from my nose and mouth and I couldn't remember what day of the week it was.The rest of my body was a solid bruise

After a barrage of tests it was determined I had a severe concussion with some bleeding on the brain along with the cracked ribs and bruises and cuts.The doctors were most concerned about the brain injurys and I was admitted for observation. The police were contacted by the hospital and they came and took our statement,but I got the impression they didn

incredible! We here had wondered about not seeing you but you said a while back that you would be busy for a time.
I simply do not quite know what to say, i can say that what happened and your survival just had to be a near miracle, and my friend, i am truly thankful you are still here with us.
I sincerely hope that you will continue to improve, and be with us once again with your wonderful stories and good humor.
Wayne

I am at a complete loss of words, really find it difficult to respond other than to say that my heart goes out to you! I do not understand how people, or rather I should say animals, can do something like this to another human being, especially when it is unprovoked. I am thankful that you survived this attack and hope that you will completely recover in the near term ahead. I would suggest you spend some time on this Forum, among friends. While I consider myself a Christian, probably a lazy one, I regret to say that my thoughts at the moment are not very Christian like...Arkie John will probably make a comment to me for stating this. Dan, please put a smile on your face and recognise that you are among friends on this Forum that do care! God bless...Kelley (Texas) :)

your right,there's no place where this can not happen,i would say that it was a sign of the times but there have always been people like this who have no regard for other people lives.

i hope they catch them,and find out the reason for the attack,your feelings are normal,remember we're not perfect.i can't say my attitude would be like yours in hindsight because if it would have been me and i had a gun somebody would have died.

i'd bet members of your family are even more angry than you that someone would do this to you.i hope you and your family recover from this tramatic and emotional event.everyone who believes in Christ has their walk tested,if it was all gravy we wouldn't know the limits of our faith.i don't believe we or our families are to be doormats for those who can't control themselves,you weren't on a mission or out witnessing or your response would be a testimony.i hope you are able to put this behind you but i know it will be diffucult.

Thank God you two escaped with your lives. Quite a few here haven't. It seems to be random, spontanious and many times, drug related and nearly always involving "clean, middle-class type kids". You are so right to be thankful that your family wasn't with you.....a man's first instinct is to protect his family and thankfully you never had to face that along with everything else you faced that day. Speedy recovery, Dan.

I do not have your faith and I feel quite comfortable in wishing those animals will meet a fate deserving of their insanity. They are cowards and deserve punishment and I am sorry but I would not be comfortable waiting until they meet their maker,

I am angry right now and not as much with the as with the authorities. They could catch them if they cared, is my feeling. If it happened to one of the cops family members they would have been caught by now.

There is no way a gang of punks like that would do something like that and not one of them would brag about it. Someone would have meantioned it to someone. There are plenty of people that know exactly what happened by now and if the cops gave a good rip, it is my feeling that they would have arrested them by now.

The shame is that by the cops not arresting these punks they are free to attack someone else and probably will,

I have spent many nights in remote fishing camps and never gave it a thought but now I will. I have never been interested in having a hand gun but a nice shotgun would have been nice to have in that tent. I am sorry but I am not a Christian and droppin a few of those punks, after what they had done would have been a pleasure.

I hope you continue to get better but they have left their scars and are still a danger to all of us.

I hope the cops end up doing what they are paid to do. I doubt they will and that is one of the reasons that the terroists are not our only danger.

Get well

would do that and not brag about it, No way. Either the kids are untouchables or it is too much bother for the leagel system to go after them. What a shame

The more I think about it, the more angry that I get. I kinda agree with Royal, the police involved could possibly solve this case if they put as much effort into the investigation as they put into going to the coffee shop for donuts every morning.

Please start posting some stories again, we would sure enjoy them. Your past stories were some of the highlights of the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

bragging and that means there are plenty that know who did it. Many cops don't care

...if it happened to my family no bars would get in way to solve it.There was a crap movie made once "Clockwork Orange " glorifing violence the peaple or as Kelley said the animals are cowards. ojm

about what happen to you and your friend Keith. Dan, I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happen and I really hope you both recover from this guttless attack.

Dan, your a bigger man then I am because I have seen this kind of senseless attack from New York to Los Angles in my life time and virmin like this should be dealt with in only one way, with deadly force, what goes around comes around.

Please take care and get well soon my friend, you both will be in my thoughts.

General Ray

they are proud of that kind of crap. I swear I would have no problem shooting a bunch of them. I guess that is just me but I do not consider them humans and they ought to be taken out of the gene pool.

I like cats though :D

I am so pleased that you are on the mend. I am firious that thois even happened. I can empathize with Ted on this one!! No words that I say can make it any easier on you, but I am so very happy to see you back on the forum.

Take care of yourself.... heal well and welcome back.

Calm seas, sunny skies,fair winds

M

busy in the last few days and have just read your post. I am appalled in what these heartless people did to you and your friend. Since you are a Christian you will remember a man that was once in your place. He had been beaten, humiliated, spit upon, and hung on a cross to die. Yes, his name was Jesus and after he rose again from the dead he ascended into heaven to sit on the right hand of God the Father Almighty.

Forgiveness is hard , but we must forgive in order to be forgiven. I am sure that it must be hard for you, your family, and your friends but I pray that you will find a way to forgive them just as Jesus forgives us. I welcome any correspondence from anyone here on the forum who would like to talk. It is hard to "walk the walk", but the Word tells us that it would be. God Bless you Dan; I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Lil Brother

Thank you all for your kind words of support.It means much to me.This incident was bad..but could have been much worse and I am determined to put it behind me.Don't give me too much credit.If I had a weapon during the attack upon me it would have been a much bigger story.You all would have probably heard about on the news.Looking back,I am glad I didn't.Who knows what would have happened if bullets had started flying.Perhaps just knowing I had a gun would have prevented them from attacking.Perhaps not and I would have shot a couple of them before the rest got to me,what would have happened next?Who knows.This whole thing happened in seconds there was no time to do anything but react.
I am upset at the way the police handled the situation.We were out-of-towners 80 miles from home and I got the impression that they would prefer that we would just go away.I have not heard a word from them since.

I know at least one of them has something to remember me by.I grabbed the first one that sucker punched me from behind,got him in a headlock and landed a couple of haymakers to his face and noggin before the others jumped in.Compared to what they did to me this was a very small victory but hey,at least I went down swinging :starwars:.

There is no doubt in my mind that this gang has done this before and will probably do it again if they are not caught.There is also no doubt in my mind that some of them will die a violent death if they don't change their ways.

As I said my physical injuries are mostly healed and I will return to work tomorrow.My family and friends have been great and while they were worried and upset it has now came to the point they joke about it and tease me.My son told me that I could take a punch that would have killed Rocky Balboa....But that we definity needed to work on my legwork:look:

Anyway I refuse to let this keep me down,and I thank each of you for your kind words.

I can relate to your experience, I'm glad that the punks didn't do permanent damage. Moving on and forgiving will be hard but I have faith in your spirit. You've already proved it is strong so I know you'll make out OK!

Dave

Hope you get back to being your old self soon. Best wishes and have a good Christmas.