Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heart stopper

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
All I saw when pulled the plug was gold and lots of it. This mid sized pocket watch turned out to be plated, but its intact and the scene with a swallow is well done. All in all my best pocket watch hands down.
Thanks Dick for the fun hunt even though I got spanked on the silvers!
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20200324_200204.jpg
    20200324_200204.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I know the heart stop feeling. It’s sort of fun

All I saw when pulled the plug was gold and lots of it. This mid sized pocket watch turned out to be plated, but its intact and the scene with a swallow is well done. All in all my best pocket watch hands down.
Thanks Dick for the fun hunt even though I got spanked on the silvers!
HH Jeff
In my opinion that pocket watch more than made up for a lack of silvers. Beautiful watch and a great save. Were you able to open up the cover? Congrat's I also meant to ask you what your personal thoughts are of the Equinox, and if you use the 600 or 800. Finds such as this, I would think you rate the Equinox pretty high. The reason I ask is because I may have to switch to a lighter MD due to shoulder problems, and I'm considering the Equinox 600.

Last edited:
I bet! I've had that happen a few times lol!
Mark

Jeff. that watch is beautiful, congrats. Those heartstoppers always fuel the fire that the next one will be the best one. I've had my share for sure. Heres a few of mine. Most recently thought I had a silver, just a big ol token. The sparkle of the diamond really had me going, nope junker. And when I saw the glitter of gold in the morning sun I thought I hit a home run. Costume ring. Hope you get a kick out of them and it eases your pain a bit. lol Still, a great relic and connection to days gone by. Good luck, Mark

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 93
Jeff. that watch is beautiful, congrats. Those heartstoppers always fuel the fire that the next one will be the best one. I've had my share for sure. Heres a few of mine. Most recently thought I had a silver, just a big ol token. The sparkle of the diamond really had me going, nope junker. And when I saw the glitter of gold in the morning sun I thought I hit a home run. Costume ring. Hope you get a kick out of them and it eases your pain a bit. lol Still, a great relic and connection to days gone by. Good luck, Mark
every find is a thrill as it should be, but some make you jump when they pop out. Detecting is a roller coaster and I love the ride!