Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones

johndes

Hi all, New to metal detecting. Just received a tracker IV for Christmas and want to get a head phone for it. Can anyone recommend
what to look for. Should I stick to the bounty hunter's headphone or can I get one at wall mart etc. Thanks.

I would definitely get something with an in-line volume control. I have a pair of ear-buds that work fine, but will blow your head off, so I just hang them in my ears, and don't press them in. I cant see going to great expense, all the signals that are detected are about the same level, as per Bounty Hunter. Radio Shack has a pair that have an in-line volume control for about $12.99, that is what I am thinking about. :)

Hi John,
The BH phones will work fine with the T-IV and also have volume controls for
each ear, which helps a lot for those with hearing differences in their ears.
The BH phones are just 8 ohm types but that's really what BH units are
designed for anyway.

Actually, most all detector circuits are designed for 8 ohm phones, which
is why most detector companies don't emphasize more expensive phones
for their units. They know they aren't really that necessary.
The higher priced phones with greater ohms (75 to 150) are a bit more
sensitive to deeper & fainter signals, but the advantage is not normally
needed in most searches, plus the low cost BH phones are pretty sensitive on
most deeper beepers in my long experience with them. I really feel
that you'll be very satisfied with them. I really don't think you'll find any
better phones at WallyWorld either. Good luck in your hunts and keep
this forum apprised of your progress! The T-IV is a very capable unit and
I know you'll make some great finds!
Welcome to the hobby and Happy New Year!
..W

Have been looking also and found a place you might want to look. www.dmobx.com They have Vanco and Treasure Wise head phones at a good price. I picked up a couple and they work great. You might like better then Radio Shack.

Hi, It's important to have clarity of sound and comfort if you are working any length of time. I have used RPG's, and other no name brands. I finally purchased a set of Koss UR 30 after a friends recommendations. They are the most comfortable earphones I have ever used. They are padded well over the ear, and I can detect for 14hr shifts with no discomfort at all. Plus they block out the surf noise pretty good too. I'd go to a variety of stores and try out a lot of different brands, try the detector shops as well. Don't be pushed into buying anything and don't rush it and remember you get what you pay for. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: