Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones without Audio Module?

Tony N (Michigan)

Can the wireless headphones that come with the 800 sync with the detector without using the Audio Module?
I can't seem to hook mine up without tethering the headphones to the module.

Tony --

YES. The wireless module is not intended to be used with the Bluetooth headphones; the wireless module is for use with wired headphones.

To pair the Bluetooth wireless Minelab phones, press and hold the power button on the phones until the 3 small lights flash red/blue (denoting the phones are in "pairing" mode). Then, press and hold the "wireless" button on the Equinox, until the wireless icon flashes rapidly (denoting the machine is in "pairing" mode). Then, just wait; eventually, the two should pair, the blue/red flashing on the phones should change to a very slow blue flash (one flash every 5 seconds or so), and a "steady" Bluetooth and "+" icon will show up on the Equinox.

Next time you use the machine/phones, after this initial pairing process, you should not have to go through the pairing process again. Turn on the headphones, then turn on the machine, and they should "find each other" within 10 seconds or so of the machine finishing its "booting up" process.

Steve

Are you asking if the wireless phones can PAIR with the machine without using the WM08? If so YES. Go to page 56 in the manual and follow the Pairing wireless headphones instructions. Ive also found you can run WIRED and Paired at the same time.

Dew

Thanks sgoss66! This is what is so great about this message board.
Don't know why I couldn't figure it out. I'll see if I can to the pairing after work.

dewcon4414 said:
Are you asking if the wireless phones can PAIR with the machine without using the WM08? If so YES. Go to page 56 in the manual and follow the Pairing wireless headphones instructions. Ive also found you can run WIRED and Paired at the same time.

Dew

Thanks Dew. Here are the instructions from page 56:

1. Ensure your wireless headphones are turned off and are no more than 1 metre (3-feet) away from the detector.
2. Press and hold the Multi-Function button on the ML 80 headphones until two ascending tones are heard and the LED alternates blue and red.
3. Press the wireless button on the side of the EQUINOX control panel for 5 seconds until the Wireless icon starts to flash rapidly.
For first-time use of the EQUINOX, or following a factory reset, a short press of the Wireless button will immediately start the pairing sequence.
4. The EQUINOX first attempts to pair with a WM 08 module for 15 seconds, indicated by the Wireless icon flashing on the LCD.
If a WM 08 is not found within this time, EQUINOX will then attempt to pair with Bluetooth® headphones for 5 minutes, or until pairing is complete. This is indicated by the Bluetooth® icon flashing on the LCD.
The Pairing process can be interrupted at any time by pressing the Wireless button.

I think I just wasn't giving it enough time to pair. Sometimes I amaze myself by my sheer stupidity. :rage:

Hey....... lets not call it stupid...... lets call it a senior moment because i have more than my share of those when it comes to electronics that my 10 year old grandson enlightens me on lol.

dewcon4414 said:
Hey....... lets not call it stupid...... lets call it a senior moment because i have more than my share of those when it comes to electronics that my 10 year old grandson enlightens me on lol.

I just wonder what it's going to be like when I get a lot old-er? LOL. I'll probably be pretending I'm detecting inside the old folks home.

The external speaker on my Equinox 800 will no longer emit any sound no matter what I do. The speaker functioned properly prior to pairing the WM08 to my detector and pairing the ML80 to my detector, and I’m certain that is directly related to this issue. On more than one occasion I factory reset the detector as well as the ML80, yet the external speaker will not return to normal operation, or any operation to be precise. I am going to attempt to reverse the pairing process in hopes that resolved this issue but I am not convinced it will work. That having been said I ask how do I unpair the WM08 from my machine? I’m much wiser than I was a few hours ago and have no intention of even using the damn thing now that I know what it and what does. I was simply following the instructions and here I am with a glitch in the switch. It states that to unpair the module it must be paired with a different EQX800, and I’m calling Bull***t! If any of you out there know, I’d be grateful. Thanks

make sure that the wi-fi bluetooth switch is turned off so that you don't see the wi-fi, bluetooth or headphone icons at the top right of the screen. When you have turned the switch off your built in speaker should work. Do another factory reset if it doesn't.

Jeff

1848cal,
jmaclen has given you the correct answer....several times...in multiple threads.

Have you tried it?

I actually did what he mentions (turn off wireless) by accident, and lost my ML80 connection while out on a hunt...total confusion on the re-pair, until my addled brain finally fired on a couple cylinders, LOL.
Thought for sure I was going to have to dig out the 1/8" patch cable, as I can't stand hunting with external speaker.

good luck,
mike

Edit - When you turn off wireless on detector, first make sure that neither the module, nor ML80s are on.
I've run down the ML80 battery a couple of times, forgetting that it doesn't have an auto shut-off.
If you watch closely, one side blinks (rather faintly) when on.

And, as jma stated...if you're have trouble doing that, then do a full reset...and that unpairs everything.