Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones need help

I do not use the Rats. I have heard very good things about them. They get high marks from a couple of guys I know running other Minelabs. I would think they would do well, Beale.

I bought a set of AccuSound (Koss) about 4 years ago. They have been real good...light, low profile and comfortable. Last season, the covering on the ear muffs started to come off and knowing they were guaranteed for life, I sent them in to Koss. I didn't have the original paperwork, but that didn't matter. I later earned that the cuffs were peeling because of the DEET I was using for the black flies, or at least I think this is the reason. I just got them back after 2 weeks with new ear cuffs, a new cord and a new headband. I did have to pay shipping both ways, about $12.

It was good to see that a company will stand behind their product. You sometimes wonder about "Lifetime Guarantees" and if the company will even be around when it's time to get something repaired. If you are shopping for headphones, check out their fine print. They tend to take a beating, especially in the woods. Now if the weather ever warms up, I can use them for headphones again instead of ear muffs. :detecting: Ron

Yeah the Deet tears anything plastic up including the detectors. I now use a screen suit top. A little pain in the butz, but even with Deet, the no good little SOB's fly up your nose and in your eyes. But the Fire Man's Drill is to get out of the vehicle and into the suit before they get in the suit with you. Then you feel like you're in an aquarium with Piranhas swimming around your head.:rofl:

I'm one of those people that can stand in the middle of a crowd of a hundred people all asking "what black flies?".

Well yeah, that's because they're all freakin' chewing on me and ignoring everyone else.:rant:

I'm going to start wearing a cap that has the word "Bait" embroidered on it. :rofl:

HH
BarnacleBill

Spring and black flies. The trick is to get out in the woods and do as much detecting as you can before the flies hatch, then head for the fields where they aren't as bad. I tried the hoods, I just can't see through them and when you bend down, the hat thing falls over your eyes and I really can't see. I think there should be a secial frequency we can tune into our detectors that will drive the black buggers crazy.:crazy: Ron

I use Peltor Aviation 'phones that I've modified with a stereo plug. I like them because, aside from using piezo speakers, they also block sound and wind noise. Been looking into getting some active sound cancelling 'phones though. Most 'phones seem to be plenty sensitive (don't have to get high dollar ones), but it's often ambient (outside) noise that drowns out the faint signals. About the only benefit I can see to the specialized ones are, on some of them, the replaceable cords and, if your hearing isn't the greatest and the volume needs to be cranked, sound limiter circuits. I have really sensitive hearing, so the volume is low anyway. ..Willy.

I prefer Gray Ghosts with the XT70. I use RAT phones with the Explorer and they work great with the EXII but like I said I rather use the Gray Ghosts when I use the 70.

GREAT POST, Barnicle Bill!! I really got a CHUCKLE out of that post!! Many Thanks, NamVetLesTreasureSeeker