Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones for GT

madmax800

Hi All,I am really loving my GT. My arm muscles are also starting to grow. Its a little heavy with the meter and probe but it truly sings.
Its now time for me to get a good set of Headphones.
Can any 1 recommend a set, probably would want Ind volume controls on each ear and a curly cable.
I have been looking around on ebay and my local metal detector store but again, here in Australia there's not a lot available.
regards all... madmax800

G'day madmax800:

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can make your own from Peltier ear protectors, and headphones, coil cord, and plugs from Radio Shack, (not sure if there is a Radio Shack store in the land-down-under, but they have a website store). I have used them for more than 2 years and I think they are terrific. I can help you with this if you're interested.
Good Luck

fod:)

... thanks cossaro.

Here's the Peltor ear protectors that I used. You can find them in the Sear's garden department by the chain saws.

http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/non_detail.cfm?prod_family=Muff%20H7&ind_prod_num=H7A001

GL&GH

fod:)

I use the Sun Ray Pro phones when it is cold and when it is hot I use some Radio Shack 10 dollar phones that have a shirt clip and inline volume control. They both work very well. The RS set is great because of being so cheap, I buy several pair at a time, and they set on the ear instead of cupping the ear, so no sweat when it's hot...

These: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103704&cp=&origkw=headphones&kw=headphones&parentPage=search

So, get yourself a set of good phones and then several pairs of these and you're set for all occasions. The cheapies work well unless you are detecting right next to a RR track or airport...

J

I am interested in your idea for making the headphones. Can you tell me specifically what type of speakers to get, as not all have the frequency range desired. I have an old set of headphones from Garret that would do well for a good quality set of speakers.

You can go to KOSS.com and buy online. Especially for metal detectors i bought the QZ99 it works great. They cover the whole ear.