Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones/Coils

jfelly65

I am looking to purchase some new head phones for my MXT and was looking for some advice as far was what brand would be a good choice as all I have used so far are the factory ones that came with the unit. . I am also looking to possibly add another search coil to my collection and was looking for some feed back so to some possible choices. I currently have the 12" that came with the MXT 300 and I also have a Eclipse Shooter DD (4x6). I am looking to pick up something a little bigger to cover a bit more ground without having to many problems in the trashy areas, something along the lines of maybe a 10x6DD or an EXcelerator of some sort?? On a side note, who are the most knowledgeable individuals at Kellyco to deal with regarding White Detectors to speak with, I spoke with an individual today that really couldn't answer my questions?

Cant give you much info from my perspective over here in Australia, I mostly hunt for gold and relics in our old goldfields and my coil choices for here are the 5.3 Eclipse and the 10x6 DD.
But the headphones which I like which give a good clear tone separation are the Whites Royal, the reddish coloured ones. They sound great.

Call JW he will answer all your questions in regards to headphones and coils. HH Dennis in Idaho

I use Grey Ghost Original headphones and my wife uses Accusound headphones from Kellyco. Both are reasonably priced and excellent headphones. As for coils White's 6x10 DD coil would be a good choice if you wish to cover more ground and still be able to hunt some trashy areas. I use the 6x10, the 6" DD Excelerator and my favorite (at least for now) the 10x12 SEF Excelerator.. All of these coils would be good choices. I have heard good things about the 10" Excelerator but I have not had a chance to try one. Good luck with your desision. HH Dennis in Idaho

Hi, If you ask 20 people about which headphones, you might get 10 different kinds. There's a lot of good phones out there and personally Larry and I both have the SunRay Pro Gold. It's just a preference of choice.

As for KellyCo, Talk to JW. He's a great guy and he'll do his best to suit you with a coil needs. :thumbup:

HH to all, Nancy

I use the Whites Royal GT Headphone (30 ohms) I am 60% deaf in both ears but these head phones really work well for me. I would defiantly recommend a try out of these whether hard of hearing or not.

I am also hard of hearing I have 30% hearing loss and the Whites Royal GT's are my favorite headphones, I have tried others but always come back to the GT's, They have a good crisp sound and have volume adjust on both sides. I would rate them A # 1.:whites::thumbup:

I talk to JW at Kellyco. Many people like the 6x10 coil but I prefer the 10" Excelerator. I use the Rat Phones on my MXT. Rob

I just bought the 10" Excelerator DD. Had it out three times now in trashy areas and like it.